001| REJECTION

"Rejection doesn't mean you aren't good enough; it means that the other person failed to notice what you have to offer."
~ Mark Amend

"~ Mark Amend

Chapter One

"Deep breath Davina, all you have to do is drive up his driveway and knock on the door like you have been doing for the past three years and a half, except instead of sleeping with the guy you'll be talking to him," Davina says to herself as she tries to calm her racing heart in her chest as she stares at the closed gate of the villa bellissima mansion in Sarasota, Florida that Elio Russo lived in.

Releasing a shaky breathe, Davina reaches her hand out the window space of her silver 2020 Porsche 718 spyder and pressed the red button to inform one of Elio's maids or butler that she had arrived. A minute doesn't go by before the gate starts to lift up with a clicking noise, Davina clears her throat and starts driving up the long driveway, smiling at the several gardeners that were attending to the rose bushes and lawn on the hot winter morning.

Davina parked her car in the usual spot that she normally did when she visited Elio, right beside his electric blue 2020 Lamborghini Aventador S, a gift from his wife Petra Russo on his twenty-sixth birthday. With a sigh, Davina exited her car placing her car keys inside her little Gucci Dionysus GG Supreme bag and made her way up the small steps, her heels clicking against the marble.

She knocked three times before the door opened revealing Orthur, Elio's butler, an old man who has been attending Elio's needs ever since he was a child living in Venice, Italy. Davina smiled at Orthur as he smiled back allowing some space for her to walk in.

Davina looked around the open area, her eyes taking in the poorly painted canvases that decorated the walls that Petra painted, the paintings not going good with the marbled floor at all. A continuous staircase was straight ahead that led to the upper level of the house where the bedrooms, library, and home offices were held.

Making her way up the stairs Davina started towards Elio's office where he said he would be. Normally Davina wouldn't be a nervous wreck when she would come to Elio's house but today was different, today she would be dropping some news that would be changing their relationship whether it be good or bad.

When she finally reached the white double doors she doesn't bother knocking and just goes right in. Elio had his head down looking at the documents in front of him. He had on a skin tight white button up shirt that showed his tattoos on his arms and chest, Davina licked her lips as she looked at him fighting the urge to run her hands through his brown hair.

The door clicks shut behind her before Elio finally looks up from his papers, a soft smile forming on his face as he looks at Davina.