Chapter 3

**(Edited)**

Ellie's POV

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I scream at him, he literally just stopped the whole elevator. How am I going to get Turner and Tatum while stuck in here?

"You will talk to me, I don't care how long it takes. And we both know that I could pass out at anytime and I'm the only person tall enough to reach this button, so you better start" Really? How am I suppose to say, oh well you knocked me up and cheated on me so I left!

"I want to get off this mother fucking elevator!" I shout at him as he steps back taken by my words. I used to never cuss it just flew out though.

"Why did you leave, what did I do to deserve that?" he asks me, he knows exactly why though.

"We already talked about this Tanner. I know you were with Gillian the entire time we were... well you know, I had to get away from you we were to deep, I felt like my life ended when I found out" I rasp out to him. I want this conversation to end as soon as possible, and I know that's a start.

He sighs and laughs. Why would he laugh? "So let me get this straight, I know you left because you thought that I cheated, but you wanted to leave? The entire time, you wanted to go?" he says while looking me dead in the face.

"Yes, and I know you cheated on me" I lie directly to him not bulging on why I left, he doesn't need to know that. I just lied directly to him, I can't tell him that he hurt me, he does not hold that power anymore.

"Ellie, listen to me. I never once cheated on you. Never. I love you more than anyone or anything, I could not have cheated even if I wanted to, you will always be the girl that I want. Gillian came into my room to seduce me, I didn't touch her, I couldn't have done that to you. I know I was a piece of shit player before we met, but I would never do that to you. I promise my life to you that I didn't want her" he says while grabbing my cheeks in his palms.

He needs to get off of me. "Let go of my face you fucker" I spit out to him. He smiles at me, smiles.

"No, I want you" he says while still holding my face in his palms.

He looks at me like he used to all those years ago, I know that I still care for him deeply but, three years is a long time to feel love towards something that disappeared a while ago.

I want to push him away and say he's a liar but I've always been able to read him. I don't trust him but, I guess hearing him say it makes me feel better, at least he said he didn't do it. After our phone conversation three years ago, I've always thought if he really did it, I guess he didn't.

"Like I told you years ago, it doesn't matter. We are different people, I don't want to be pulled back into your world just to be 'full of dick, or kept happy'. I want someone who wants me for me, you can't do that for me anymore" I say to him. The words taste like bitterness but he needs to hear whatever is possible to make him start the elevator again. I just hope I let him down easy.

"I can't live without you, you know that. My survival, not life, has been terrible the last few years. Your pictures torment me, your necklace is still in my jeans at the stadium, and your ass is the only girls that's been in my Bronco besides Sage and my mother. I know what I said in the locker-room that day hurt you. I'm sorry, you have got to understand though that if I was to say that I love you to them they would have given me endless shit. I know that a few of them wanted to fuck you and that was not going to happen, even if I had to pretend like I didn't care for you for it not to. I haven't stopped thinking about you. I wondered everyday where you had went and I promised myself that if I found you, if you were still here I would make you mine again" he rasps our while still holding my face inches away from him. I can smell his scent, I can taste his breath, I can see the hazel flakes in his eyes.