Chapter 18

**(Edited)**

**(Edited)**

Ellie's POV

Weeks pass as Tanner, the twins and I settle into our new normal, it's crazy how much your life can change in a short amount of time. If you would have asked me if I wanted to marry Tanner then, I would have one hundred percent said no not because I didn't still love him but because of false information. Now, though I see him play football with Turner and Barbie's with Tatum and my heart melts.

He's currently in Wisconsin playing the Green Bay Packers and I couldn't be more proud of him. He recovered perfectly and is playing the game of his life. I am sitting on the couch with Tatum's head on my lap asleep while Turner's at my side fascinated by his dad on TV. He loves to watch him play, even if he stays up way pass his bedtime.

We told them about having a baby sister a week ago and they seem to be taking it well, Tatum as Tanner predicted, was the most excited and Turner demanded that he get a brother instead. We had to explain how he didn't get to pick but he just said "I want brother!" as loudly as possible while Tanner calmed him down.

God, I miss him. He has been away for an entire week and the kids sleep with me every single night because they cry until daddy can come home. I want him to have a successful career but, like I told him, kids and football don't mix very well.

Looking up at the screen the time displays 10: 56, my birthdays in less than two hours. I'm going to be 22, time flies I guess.

"Mamma, when daddy coming back?" Turner says as he rests against my shoulder.

"He's going to be back tomorrow or either the next day, depending on the weather but, I know he can't wait to see you!" I tell him enthusiastically.

He flashes me his tooth less smile and missing teeth, he's so freaking adorable. I lean down and kiss him on his face as he says "Momma, big boys no get kisses!"

"I kiss daddy and he's a big big boy!" I tell him as he tries rolling his eyes and fails miserly and watches the TV as his dad plays on the field. He looks so damn sexy in blue and black. They do a close up shot of his sweaty face and my hormones go crazy, I love him and his face, holy fuck his face, I just want to sit on. He licks his lips as he says something to the line and damn, I can't control myself. We haven't been together in a week and I sucked him off before he left but I want him so bad right now.

My phone starts ringing on the table as I reach over and grab it quickly to see the hospital calling, Tanner demanded that I take off all week with the kids while he was away so I've been here all week. They probably need me to go and cover a shift, I can always take the twins to the daycare there.

"Ellie Kingston?" is the first question I hear, what the hell?

"Yes, this is she, How can I help you?" I respond while sitting up from the couch and placing Tatum next to her brother who looks like he's about to fall asleep any minute.