Chapter 19

**(Edited)**

**(Edited)**

Tanner's POV

After completing our game with a win we rushed to the guest locker room and quickly changed while going back to the hotel. I rush back into my room to call Ellie since I left my phone and I know Turner and her were watching the game. I can't wait to talk to my mini me and future wife.

Opening the door and walking in, I shut it quickly and find my phone on the nightstand charged up. Clicking it on I'm fucking shocked.

17 Missed calls. 7 from and unknown number, and ten from Ellie. Something must have happened, something bad.

I quickly call her and wait. On the third ring she answers. "Ellie, baby what's wrong?"

"Gillian went into labor and the hospital tried calling you. Why did it take you so long babe?"

"I accidentally left my phone in the hotel room when I went to the field, is everything okay?" I ask as I hear her sigh.

"No, when can you get here?" She asks worried.

"I can leave in thirty seconds if you tell me what's wrong, baby where are the twins? Where are you at? Where's the baby?"

"Gillian went into labor and she made me promise to take care of Tayson Ellie and told me she loved both of us. She wanted her named after me and you. Tanner she was so weak, she held Tayson one time and told her she loved her before she took her last breath. She's dead."

I can't believe this, dead. I knew she was sick but, this fast? I'm now a new dad again. I have to get to Ellie and my kids.

"I'll be there in about 15 hours, I'm taking the next flight straight there. I love you, I'll see you and our little girl soon. I'm sorry I wasn't there baby" I rasp out to her as I hear her say "I love you too".

I quickly pack my stuff up and call my coach as I head out to the airport. I hate that I missed this, and I didn't even tell Gillian that I'm happy to raise her baby, even if she wasn't made by me. I'll show that little girl though, everyday.

~~~~

"Baby, hey wake up, you feel asleep in the chair" I whisper into Ellie's ear as I rub her hair and leg. She slowly wakes up and sits up suddenly grabbing my neck and hugging the life out of me.

"I missed you so fucking much, happy birthday" I whisper into her ear as she rubs my shoulders under my shirt.

"I missed you too and thank you. What a great birthday gift, I got a baby girl, are the twins still downstairs or are they here with you?" she asks while pulling away from me.

"They wanted to meet their baby sister, they are at the glass of the nursery watching her but, I saw you over here so I came to wake you up".

"Okay, let's go get them and our little girl, I'm ready to go home and I know they are too. Gillian's body was taken away earlier but I really want to give her a proper burial and make sure she has a gravestone and a proper place to stay. I didn't expect her to leave so quick" she tells me as I lift her onto her feet while still holding her.