Chapter 1: Faded Light

| Uchiha Sasuke

I can't move my body as the scene of Itachi slowly falling on the ground, lifeless, continues playing on my mind.

I did it. I killed him. I killed the one who murdered my whole clan.

But why does it feels wrong?

"SASUKE!!!"

Someone's screaming my name.

Who are you? Why are you calling me?

An image of a boy around my height appear in front of me. I saw how he arched his back when something bright hits his chest, piercing it all the way on his back.

"Sasuke.." He said in a low tone bringing me back on reality.

"N-Naruto..?" My eyes widen in fear, shock and instant rush of pain envelopes my chest.

I catches him as he fall, staring at his face and chest with wide eyes. Something hot and wet starts to run down from my eyes to my cheeks.

"S-Sa.. suke.." He called my name with all those heavy breaths and blood rushing out from his mouth.

"W-Why.." I asked, trembling. "Why did you save me?!"

He smiled and cough blood. He raises his hand, reaching for my cheeks. I hold his hand tightly, not knowing what to do.

"Aishi..te.." He smiled once more.

(I love you.)

The lightning on his chest slowly faded as well as the light of his eyes.

And for countless times, I died.

| Haruno Sakura

We quickly follow Naruto on his track only to stop again (after numerous times of stopping) after witnessing something unpleasant.

"W-What happened.." I am the first one to talk, asking what happened when I'm sure no one will be able to answer.

"N-Naruto-kun.." Hinata said in shock while the rest are left speechless.

Naruto is lying on Sasuke-kun's arm with a lightning arrow pierced on his left chest.

"Kakashi-sensei!" I shouted on the bridge of crying.

Kakashi-sensei and Captain Yamato quickly run to them followed by us. I bend down beside Naruto and check his pulse and body.

"N-Not good.. K-Kakashi-sensei! H-He's not b-breathing!" I said in panic.

"Naruto!" I called him as tears starts to fall down on my cheeks.

When Sasuke-kun bring Naruto for a hug, that's only the time I realized he's here. He hug Naruto tightly while holding his back where the arrow pierced. Not long after, they are engulfed with black and white flames making us step back a bit.

After some time, he handed Naruto to Kakashi-sensei.

"Sakura." I immediately check Naruto's pulse and tears begin to flow again when I feel a weak heart beat from him.

"We're going back to Konoha the quickest we can. Sakura and Hinata you're coming with me. Yamato, Kiba and Shino, I leave Sasuke and Itachi to you." Kakashi-sensei commanded while carrying Naruto carefully.

"Understood, Kakashi-senpai." Captain Yamato answered and the others nodded.

I look at Sasuke-kun. He's staring at Naruto as if he wants to hold him.

"Take care of him.." We all look at Sasuke-kun when he said that.

"You don't need to say it." Kakashi-sensei said. "Let's go."

We started moving back to Konoha, leaving Sasuke-kun and others behind.

Yet until now I'm thinking what really happened.

You're not that idiot, Naruto. How come you didn't protect yourself from that?