Chapter 12: Your Light

"Sasuke is going to leave the village again."

Naruto can feel his blood boils after hearing what Tsunade said. 

"That asshole..."

Without bidding goodbye to the hokage, Naruto left the office and made his way to the only exit the village have. 

Meanwhile, the raven was sure taking his time walking to the gate, feeling every step as if it will be the last time he'll be there alive. The next one will be his corpse. 

"SASUKE!" A voice from the blonde, stopping Sasuke from his track. He look back and welcomed by Naruto's fist, making contact with his face. He stumble back as he feel the sting on his cheek.

"What was that for?!" The raven asked angrily.

"This dobe, rejecting me earlier and now he will punch me? What the fuck?" Sasuke thought to himself but cannot bring himself to punch back. 

He just can't. End of discussion.

Naruto glared at him, so bad that his eyes become teary. Sasuke softens by the sight in front of him.

"How could you..." Naruto muttered in disbelief. "Where are you going now?!" He yelled at the raven.

"Naruto--"

"You piece of shit! How many times are we going to play the chase and run game you love so much?!" Naruto cutted him off.

Sasuke looks away. "You don't need to come after me anymore."

"And who are you to decide for that? I am not chasing after you because you said so. I chased you because I want to bring you back!"

Naruto restraint himself from crying. This isn't the time to show his weakness.

"For what..?" Sasuke asked more to himself. "It's not like Konoha is still my home. I don't belong here."

"Home is not always a place." Naruto countered. "Sometimes it's a person. Someone who keeps thinking about you is your home."

Sasuke stares at him after hearing what he said. "What are you---"

"I'm your home, Sasuke." The raven's eyes widen as he feel his heart melts inside. "You never left my mind since the day you left. Everyone told me to stop chasing after you and it's not wise to sacrifice my life just to save you." Naruto smiles sadly as he look down.

"But I said..." He raise his head and stares at Sasuke's eyes. "I will be a complete idiot for the rest of my life if it means to save you."

The raven bit his lower lip, feeling his knees weakening with every words that Naruto said. 

"But why..." The raven questioned, unable to see the main reason of Naruto to go that far. It is beyond his comprehension.

"I didn't give you or do anything to treasure for you to care this much for me."

"Actually you did..." Naruto steps closer to Sasuke. "You gave me the bond I am wishing for since I was a child. You gave me the assurance of not being alone again.. you became my inspiration, my motivation to keep going. I am not what I am now if it's not because of you."

"You're making it sounds like I am a good person." Sasuke sigh.

"But you are. Deep down, inside your heart."

"Stop it, Naruto.. this is going nowhere " The raven turn his back at the blonde. "There's no more reason for me to stay ." He said and starts walking away.