Chapter 8: The Truth

Naruto with his comrade set off on a mission to rescue Sasuke who's been abducted by the Amegakure's shinobis.

Everyone was focus on their way and there's this Naruto Uzumaki who's lost in his own thoughts. On the other hand was Kiba silently talking with Akamaru.

"It's alright, Akamaru. Just don't say it out loud next time." Kiba comforted Akamaru. It was because of earlier when they sniff the mask from Naruto. Akamaru immediately growl, telling Kiba that it was Sasuke's scent.

They know the big possibility that Naruto will know the truth once they arrive at the place but regardless of the circumstances, they need to bring Naruto back, safe and sound.

"Hinata, can you see at 2 o'clock within 2 kilometers." Kiba asked and Hinata nodded.

"Byakugan!" She scanned the area around 2 o'clock. "There's no mistake. Two people are on a tree, observing the area while four of them are outside the cave." She announced.

"Scatter!" Shikamaru ordered and they proceed to their plan.

Ino, Sai, Hinata and Shino.

Kiba, Tenten, Sakura and Chouji.

Shikamaru, Lee, Neji and Naruto.

They move by teams in different direction but all going to the same destination.

"Never set off alone, Naruto." Neji warned Naruto again which earn a nod from the latter.

They all stop when they reach their assigned spot. Shino let some of his bugs to enter the cave to know whether Sasuke is inside or not. After a while, the bugs came back and Shino relay the message to others.

"Alright. Formation A. Proceed." Shikamaru announced and as of the cue, Sakura, Kiba, Tenten and Chouji land down, revealing their presence to the four people outside the cave. Shino and Sai already work about the two guys observing on the tree.

"Baika no Jutsu!" Chouji started their move and the fight broke out outside the cave, giving time to the 8 others to went inside the cave.

Sasuke, on the other hand, was tied tightly with ropes and chains around his body with a seal covering his eyes preventing him from using his visual prowess.

Naruto made their way inside only to be block by five more guys.

"We'll take it from here, you go on Shikamaru." Shino said and the others nodded.

"Are you sure about that?" Neji asked.

"No, we can defeat them easily if we're together." Naruto protested.

"Just go, Naruto. We won't know how much time left for Sa-- I mean, for him." Sai answered almost slipping the name 'Sasuke'.

Naruto turned silent. Shino sign Shikamaru to keep going which obeyed by the latter.

"Let's go." Shikamaru said and continue moving. Shino's team fought with the enemies and made a way for them to pass.

While moving deeper on the cave, Naruto started feeling nervous and worried. They all stopped when they reach the place and to be blocked by more numbers of enemies.

"Just as I thought. You're coming, Uzumaki Naruto." A man appear from the shadow. His pale skin emphasizes the evilness in his smirk as he stares intently at Naruto. He wore an Amegakure's head protector with a line on it showing that he's an exiled ninja.

Neji and Lee went infront of Naruto, guarding him while Shikamaru moved behind him to observe the situation and plan easily.

"What do you need from me?" Naruto asked.