Chapter 6: Warmth Under The Moonlight

| Uzumaki Naruto

"Naruto!" Sakura-chan called me while I am eating at Ichiraku.

"What it is, Sakura-chan?" I asked finishing my third bowl of ramen.

"Tsunade-sama is looking for you." She answered.

Woah?! Could it be another mission?

I immediately stand and wave goodbye to Sakura-chan.

"So you want me to.."

I can hear some voices from the Hokage's office but I disregarded it and welcomed myself inside without bothering knocking.

"Tsunade-obbaa chan!" I happily called but it turned into confusion because of their reactions.

Tsunade-obbaa chan looks shocked while Shizune-nee chan looks worried. I look at the other person in this room. He's an ANBU and---

"Y-YOU!" I shouted pointing my index finger on him.

He didn't react at all, instead, look back at Tsunade-obbaa chan.

That's right! He's the man who kissed me months ago! I can still remember his features and I can't be mistaken.

He made his way out of the office and I still look mad while watching him leave. 

"Naruto. What's with that attitude?" Tsunade-obbaa chan ask, getting my attention.

"B-Because--!" I crossed my arms, pouting.

"Because?"

"Nothing."

I decided not to tell what happened to Tsunade-obbaa chan since she might laugh and tease me about it. It's embarrassing, you know.

"If you said so."

I suddenly remembered something. "Tsunade-obbaa chan, Sakura-chan told me you're looking for me."

"Ah, yes. You have a mission."

I knew it!

"What is it? What is it?" I asked, excitedly.

"You'll be going to the border of Fire country to be a hidden protector of Sunagakure."

"Protector? Of Sunagakure? What? Why?"

"There will be a trade of scroll between the Sunagakure and Amegakure and it will take place tonight in our country's border. The Sand seems to be suspicious about it and ask us to be a back-up in case something goes wrong. Since almost all of the chunin and jounin are out for missions, you'll be executing this mission alone." She explained.

I pouted and crosses my arms. "So I'm just going to do this because there's no one else to do it?"

"Stop whining and just do it." Tsunade-obbaa chan said, continuing her work. "I forgot, an ANBU will be accompanying you in this mission."

"I thought I'm doing this alone?!" I whined. "I don't need the help of some random ANBU. Ne, Tsunade-obbaa chaaan!"

"Naruto!" She shouted making me flinch and salute in response.

"Copy, Tsunade-obbaa chan!" I immediately dashed out of the room and made my way back to my apartment.

Geez, she's so scary.

Time went by and it's noon already. We'll be departing now to observe the place before the trade takes place.

I'm on the Konoha's gate now and there's still no sign of the ANBU that will accompany me. I waited, and waited.