Chapter 9: Failed Acceptance

Everyone was stunned by the situation in front of them.

"NARUTO!!!" Shikamaru screamed.

"You might as well die, Uzumaki Naruto. You don't have any use for me anyway." The man manage to strand, covered with his own blood. 

"You asshole.." Neji gritted his teeth while his hands balled into fist.

"Not again.. Naruto-kun.." Lee said with wide eyes.

Shikamaru run towards Naruto to catch him from falling on the floor when he was stopped by the sudden appearance of the Susano'o. Sasuke's hugging the blonde tightly while his eyes shines bright red. His Mangekyo Sharingan activated.

"Ahhhrggh!" The man yelled in pain when he was struck by the Susano's sword and been pinned on the wall. That left him dead.

"What happened?!" The other came running on the scene and Ino yelled.

"What happened to Naruto?!"

Sakura runs to their position only to be blocked by the Susano'o.

"No one's coming near here." Sasuke said coldly. He gently lay Naruto on his chest and stares at his face.

"Naruto." He called softly. Naruto stares at him weakly. "Don't.. leave me. Please?" Sasuke's voice broke even after trying so hard not to look weak infront of his blonde.

"Sasuke-kun! I need to treat Naruto now!" Sakura shouted from the outside and attempt to enter the Susano'o which she successfully did. The others move closer as well but Sasuke didn't let any other more to come closer aside from Sakura.

She immediately kneel down beside Naruto and put both of his palms on top of his chest.

"Do everything.. heal him." Sasuke’s deep voice stunned Sakura but continue what she's doing.

"It's no good. His wound is too deep. I can only provide the first aid and stop the external bleeding." Sakura said worriedly. "We must go back to Konoha now."

Sasuke fixes Naruto's cloak, hiding his whole body and face before carefully carrying him. He maintained Susano'o's aura around him on the way back to Konoha to ensure Naruto's safety.

"Tsunade-sama!" Shizune barged inside the hokage's office, sweating and her face shows great worries.

Tsunade stand. "What is it, Shizune?"

"N-Naruto-kun.. he's in danger!" Tsunade's eyes widen as she quickly walk out of the door.

"Where? Where is he?" She asked continuing to walk while Shizune followed her. "What happened to him?! I keep on repeating to bring Naruto back, safe and sound!" She yelled angrily.

"He's in the ICU right now. He got a deep wound on his chest and his chakra stopped flowing on his body. One more problem is that even the nine tail's chakra isn't responding at all." Shizune explained quickly.

They reached the Konoha hospital and to the ICU. Outside was all of Naruto's friends and a certain raven leaning on the wall. His face's dark and no one attempts to start a conversation with him let alone come near him.

"Tsunade-sama.." Lee called but the hokage walk pass them and went inside the ICU followed by Shizune.

Inside was Naruto, laying on the hospital table with different scrolls around and medical staffs gathered around him. Seeing Naruto's state, Tsunade bit her lower lip in sudden pain on her chest.

"Tsunade-sama..." Shizune said worriedly.

Without further ado, she step in to treat Naruto.

"Shikamaru..." Chouji called. Others look at Shikamaru too who's also leaning on the wall, back facing them.