Chapter 3: Naruto's Despair

| Uzumaki Naruto

"If it means to protect you then I won't mind staying hidden in the shadows."

I try to lift my hands slowly in front of my face. I can move them but I still feel weak. It was like every single cell in my body was damaged and my chest feels heavy.

What in the world had happened to me?

I stare at the ceiling of this hospital room trying to gather my memories. That's when my eyes widen.

That's right..

I touches my left chest while replaying the event on my mind.

Sasuke..

I already found him, I got to touch his face again yet.. why does everything go wrong when I got a step ahead on reaching him?

The door opened revealing almost everyone.

"Naruto!"

"Naruto-kun!"

"Naruto-kun.."

I looked at them as they stare at me as if examining my body. Sakura-chan, Sai, Kiba and Akamaru, Hinata, Shino, Fuzzy-eyebrow (Lee), Neji, Tenten, Ino, Chouji and Shikamaru are all here. Sakura-chan and Hinata are almost teary while the others are smiling at me.

"We are all glad that you're okay now." Neji said.

"Yeah! Everyone was so worried about you, Naruto-kun." Fuzzy-eyebrow said.

"That's right. We are glad that you're okay. Why? Because you're our comrade and it won't be the same without you." Shino added.

"Geez. You're really the number one ninja in surprising people, you know." Kiba said almost like lecturing me.

"It's too troublesome but what do we expect with Naruto?" Shikamaru chuckled at the side.

"Still, Naruto! You're so reckless. Who in the right mind will catch a lightning directly? Do you wanna die?" Right after Ino said that, everyone become silent as my eyes widen.

"Ino!"

"S-Sorry.."

I hold my left chest again.

"W-Where is he.. S-Sasu---"

"I see that you're awake." I was cut off by somene who entered the room.

"Tsunade-obbaa chan." I called. She is with Shizune-neechan.

(Tsunade-obbaa chan - old granny Tsunade)

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay now. Where is Sasuke, Tsunade-obbaa chan?"

She stare at me for a whole minute leaving the room in dead air.

"Tsunade-obbaa chan?" I called again since she wasn't responding. "Where is Sasuke? I wanna see him."

I look at the others yet they just divert their gazes elsewhere but to me.

"Where is Sasuke? He's okay, right? Right?!"

No response. It's making me mad.

"Answer me! Where is he----!?"

"He's gone!" Tsunade-obbaa chan shouted making me flinch.

I was stunned for what I heard.

"Huh?"

I stared at Tsunade-obba chan intently while searching for clearer answer.

"Gone? Ha.. Ha ha.. you mean gone like he escape again?" I asked convincing myself that it was not the "gone" I am thinking of.