Chapter 7: The Abduction

| Uzumaki Naruto

Our way back to Konoha was so silent and it took us until late afternoon to arrive.

"I'll take you to infirmary." I said looking at him. He shake his head and motioned me to keep going.

"You're injured. And where are you going? Aren't we going to report to Tsunade-obbaa chan?" I asked, confused.

He didn't answer and walk away into the dark part of the woods. Now, I'm not sure if he's really like that or he's mad because I called him Sasuke last night.

I sigh and made my way to Hokage's office.

"Yes, Tsunade-sama. Their target might be Uchiha---"

I stop midway from opening the door when I heard someone talking inside the office.

Uchiha?

"Come in! I know you're there." I opened the door and went inside as Tsunade-obbaa chan called me.

There's no one in the office aside from her and me.

"Tsunade-obbaa chan, are you talking with someone? I think I've heard the Uchiha name."

"Uchiha? What do you mean? I was alone here before you came." She answered and continue doing the paperworks.

I didn't answer. "So? How's your mission?"

I told her everything that happened aside from that "warm" moment with the ANBU. Now I feel like I'm having a thing with him to think that I don't even know his name.

"I see. The Sunagakure know that this will happen. It's sad to think that a supposedly alliance just added more cracks in the relationship of two hidden villages."

"But genuine peace isn't impossible, Tsunade-obbaa chan. I believe one day people will learn to understand each other." I said with a smile.

She smiled back at me. "I hope, Naruto. You are now dismiss to have enough rest."

I nod and walk back to my apartment. On the way, in an isolated part of the village, I felt a presence of more than 4 people. I paused, observing the place until they completely vanished. And so their identity but I noticed something on the floor.

A mask.

I pick it up and my eyes widen.

It was his mask.

I immediately run back to the Hokage's office to report this. I'm holding his mask tainted with his blood.

"Tsunade-sama, what should we do?" I heard the voice of Shizune-nee chan inside the room.

I've been eavesdropping a lot lately.

"We can't just abandon him, aren't we?" Now it's Shikamaru's voice.

"We'll save him, of course. But this should be kept as a secret mission." Tsunade-obbaa chan answered.

Are they talking about that ANBU?

"They're asking for Uzumaki Naruto." My eyes widen to the sudden news. "In exchange for Uchi----"

"We can't do that, Sai!" Ino yelled.

They're asking for me? Why? The fact that I have no connection with that ANBU, why would they used him?

"I'm not saying that we're going to give him." Sai answered.

"Shikamaru, I'm counting on you for this mission." Tsunade-obbaa chan said. "Do not tell Naruto about this---"

"I'm going." I cut her off, revealing my presence in the room.

"Naruto!" Sakura-chan exclaimed. Theur eyes look down to the mask that I was holding.

"They want me, right? I'm going."

"You can't!" Sakura-chan protested.

"They want you, yes, Naruto. We're not that idiot to hand you then, aren't we?" Neji said.

My hand balled into fist. "I can't stand them hurting and using others just to get me. On top of that, someone who's been close to me!"

They stare at me, wide eyes. They must be wondering how the heck am I close with that ANBU.

"I am going---"

"He's an ANBU." Tsunade-obbaa chan cutted me off.

"I know---"

"Naruto!" She shouted stopping me again. "You know the rule of an ANBU, aren't you?"

I can feel my eyes heating up as I gritted my teeth.

"To not leave any clues behind." She continued.

No. It can't be. But he's an ANBU.. he might have the cursed seal.

"I am going to save him before the curse activated. And you are not stopping me." I turn around to leave.

"Naruto! Don't be reckless!" Sakura-chan yelled but I didn't listen and instead continue going to my apartment to pack my things.

When I'm done packing, I quietly make my way to the gate of Konoha only to be welcomed by the friends with their Konoha robes on. 

"Naruto. Do you know what you're doing?" Neji asked.

"If you're here to stop me, quit it. I'm not going to abandon my comrades." I said as I walked pass them.

"Idiot. Here, wear this." I look back at Shikamaru as he hand me the robe. 

"WE'RE not going to abandon OUR comrade." Lee said smiling so I smile back. I put the robe on and we formed a circle while Shikamaru explained our plan. I made Akamaru and Kiba smell the mask I have so we can track his smell. 

Akamaru growl, looking at Kiba. 

"What did he say?" I ask. Kiba worriedly laugh. 

"Uh, he said it smells awful. You know.. uh.. forget it! It's our business." he answered, crossing his arms while throwing an annoyed attitude at me. 

What was that?

"If you all understand then we should go." Shikamaru said. 

"We understand." We all said. 

"Naruto. Promise me one thing." We're about to go when Shikamaru stopped and faced me.

"What is it?" 

"No matter what you will see later, promise me that you won't do anything out of the plan." They all look at me seriously.

"We all know that you are fond of breaking our plan and going off on your own. But this time, when you do, we're going back at Konoha even without the ANBU." Neji stated leaving me silent.

"Whether you like it or not, we're going to force our way to bring you back safely. That's an order from the Hokage." Sai added.

"H-Hey.. you sounds so sure that I'll break the plan." I laugh hoping to ease the tension even a little. But to my dismay, they just turn more serious with my remarks.

"We are sure about it." Shikamaru said. "Now, promise us."

I gulp and nod slowly. "Alright, I promise."

With that, we left the Konoha and started searching for the ANBU. No matter how hard I try to focus on this mission, my mind constantly wander, asking for answers to my questions.

Who's that ANBU for them to warn me that much? Do they know something that I don't? They sounds like as if he's someone I am willing to die for.