Chapter 2: In His Shadow

"I see. So that's what happened." Tsunade sigh, clasping her hands in front of her.

"To think that Naruto will come that far just to save Sasuke, what should we do now Tsunade-sama?" Shizune asked, worry is evident on her face.

They're on the hokage's office, standing in front are Kakashi, Sakura, Shino, Kiba, Hinata and Yamato.

"Where is Sasuke right now?" Tsunade asked.

"He's currently locked up in a room at Konoha Hospital. He is under surveillance and has tight security." Yamato answered.

"I see. He is considered as a rogue ninja and no one knows what he will do once he recovers. Locking him in jail won't do given the fact that he has the power to defeat Uchiha Itachi." Tsunade explained while the others continue to listen.

"Why don't we ask him first, hokage-sama?" Kakashi butt in.

"Ask him? About what?"

"What he wanted to do now. He got his revenge and also, after seeing Naruto in that state." Kakashi stop for a moment and closes his eye. "One more thing, I feel like there's something going on with the two. I'm not sure but it might be big."

"What do you mean, Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura asked and others also waited for answer in confusion.

"Why do you think Naruto jumped straight to Sasuke just to save him from that arrow lightning? Sure enough, he wants to save Sasuke but there are lots of ways to do so without endangering himself." Kakashi begin to explain.

"Knowing Naruto, doing mass shadow clone is a piece of cake. But why did he lost his ways?" Kakashi continued.

"I was actually thinking the same thing. Naruto is an idiot but when it comes to surviving, he never failed on it." Sakura said.

"That's right. He won't jump on that situation without even thinking. Why? Because even a reckless shinobi like him knows how to think fast." Shino added.

"Unless something happened to him upon seeing the situation." Kiba said.

"Something that will hinder his mental capability to function." They all look at Tsunade after Yamato said that.

"His strong emotions." She concluded. "In other words.."

They all become quiet after realizing the reason behind the action of Naruto. Hinata and Sakura both look down in disbelief.

"Listen, everyone!" Tsunade said getting all their attentions. "What happened in your mission will be keep as top secret and confidential to anyone outside of this group. You won't say anything about it and thus permitted to stay silent without further notice. Dismiss!"

"Hai!" They all answered. Everyone went out aside from Yamato and Kakashi.

"Now, time to talk with Sasuke."

| Uchiha Sasuke

Sasuke..

Sasuke...

SASUKE!!

I open my eyes wide only to hurt my eyes with the light. I scratch my eyes to adjust and look around the place.

Everything is white, almost. I'm lying on the bed, with things and stuffs connected on me, machine on my side indicating my heart beat.

On my right was a window. I can see how bright and warm it is outside.

Must be Konoha.

"So you're awake."

I place my sight to the three people who entered the room. I suddenly remembered everything that happened.