15 / Bad luck

Maybe someone really put a curse on Jimin.

It's really unlucky how he made too many mistakes during his first day despite of the easy tasks that the owner gave him. If Taehyung wasn't there, maybe he'd fight back those customers who yelled at him.

Just like what happened few minutes ago, an angry woman just left the store.

Jimin panicked as the woman asked for a hangover syrup over the counter and told him to hurry up because she needed it, but Jimin—with his shaking hands, handed over an essential oil for headache.

But for half of the trouble he caused on his first day, he didn't regret what he did last.

There was a group of high school girls who came in, they bought a bottle of fish sauce and then poured it on the another girl. They were bullying her so he had to meddle in. In the end, the bullies went home—crying, not because he hurt them or something but because he opened another bottle of fish sauce and poured them over the girls' uniforms as a revenge for the girl they were bullying.

"This job is stressing me already!" Jimin exclaimed as he went back to the counter. Taehyung was really nice for not leaving the guy although his shift was over. Jimin isn't really the type of person who'd easily pick up things that were explained to him.

"You'll get used to it." Taehyung replied, leaning against the counter. "Those kids will come back here for sure. This isn't their first time going here but it's the first time I saw them bullying someone."

"What? Our boss shouldn't let those brats enter this store! If I were him I would've slap them one by one once they set a foot here." Jimin glared at Tae. A whole load of emotion going through him. Anger. "Now, what should I do with the bottles of fish sauce I opened and wasted? It will be charged on me."

Jimin sucked in a breath, propping his chin on his palm. It's almost 6 pm and most of the customers were college students who probably have late subjects.

"I'll pay for it, if you want. Just pay me back once you get your salary." Taehyung offered.

"No, keep it." Jimin declined.

"Hey, you should accept it." Taehyung sighed and faced Jimin. "Do you know? There's a common superstition that if something bad happens to you on your first job, it will bring bad luck, so you have to contradict it quickly."

Jimin shot him a look. "You still don't know?" He asked.

"Know what?"

Then there was his drained expression again. "That I was born unlucky."

"I'm serious tho."

"But I'm serious too." Jimin chuckled. "I don't know but, getting into college, having a place to live even though it's cheap and small, and finding a job are the only good things that happened to me."

"Still, good things comes to you. At least."

"Bad luck is my middle name, so I still don't believe those superstitions."

His shoulder slumped. Taehyung noticed the boy's sudden silence. It's really obvious that he's struggling living alone. But despite all of that, he could see that Jimin really wants to finish college and find the suitable job for him, so that, he wouldn't get worried about the apartment's rent anymore.

"It's okay. Good things are bound to happen anyway. Just think that those are just mere challenges given to you." Taehyung encouraged the boy and it somehow lessen Jimin's frustration in everything. Thanks to him.

"They say money can't buy happiness, but for people like me, it's wrong. Money can buy my happiness tho." Jimin chuckled. "I just want to earn a lot of money so I can buy the things I failed to have."