Chapter 2- The Case

Chapter 2- The Case

Derek Morgan placed his tablet onto the table, and began to stand up from his seat when Rossi grabbed his arm and said "just give him a minute."

Derek slowly lowered himself back into his seat, taking the tablet back into his hands. Garcia started to present the case again.

"Both victims were sliced in half at the waist. Both halves have been found, but they were nearly a mile apart at each scene. The guess is that the murder weapon is a Katana. A type of sword, as Stiles pointed out."

"Katanas are a single sided, curved blade from Japan," Spencer cut in, "they are typically used by the Samurai."

"Yeah, so" Garcia continued, "This Unsub has an interesting MO."
"Wheels up in thirty," Hotch announced. He then got up and left the room. Soon everyone else followed, heading out to grab their go-bag.

                                                                        ***

After running out of the conference room, Stiles quickly made his way to the bathroom. He could feel the cold sweat on his skin, as his stomach lurched. He rushed into the closest stall, and emptied the contents of his stomach into the toilet, without shutting the door.

When he was done, he sat back and leaned against the side of the stall. His head was beginning to ache. He quickly lifted his hands to count his fingers.

"One, two, three..." he whispered to himself. "Nine, Ten"

He let out a heavy sigh and closed his eyes. It wasn't me. I wasn't even there, he thought, but other thoughts quickly came rushing in. But what if it was. The last form it took was me. My face. An evil me is out there committing crimes.

"Stiles," a familiar voice called, interrupting his thoughts.

Stiles opened his eyes and turned his attention to the speaker, Derek.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked, getting down on the floor with Stiles. "Jesus christ man, you're shaking."

"It's in Beacon Hills isn't it?"

"What?"
"The case. It's in Beacon Hills."
"Yeah," Morgan replied hesitantly. "How did you know?"

"You know one of those things I can't tell you about. Well, um... This is kind of one of them."

"What is. This case?"

"Possibly," Stiles answered slowly.

"So you've been to Beacon Hills before?" Morgan asked.

"Yeah. I kind of grew up there. I know I told everyone I grew up in San Francisco, but I didn't."

"Why did you lie?"

"Because you really don't need to meddle in my past. It's messed up and crazy and I don't want to bring you guys into that."

"Too bad, we want to be a part of your life, and that includes your past. We leave for Beacon Hills in twenty minutes, and we have a case to solve, so get your butt off the dirty floor and come on," Morgan stated before standing up and walking out of the bathroom.

                                                                    ***

"How is he?" JJ asked when Derek returned.

"Not good. He was sweaty, pale, and shaking horribly."

"What would cause Stiles to act like this? He usually faces everything head on."

"About that. Um... he told me he lied about where he is from. He isn't from San Francisco. He's from Beacon Hills."

"Okay?" JJ asked.

"Whatever is going on with him is somehow related to this case. He knows something."

"Are you going to tell Hotch?"

"I don't know yet. He seems very adamant about not telling us. I mean he's hidden it this long already. Maybe it's not actually related to the case, but it sure as hell seems like it."

"If it is, it's either going to be you who tells him or Stiles. If it means catching this guy, then it might just also mean he needs to finally reveal some secrets," JJ stated before picking up her go-bag and leaving for the air strip.
Just as the door to the elevators shut, Stiles walked out of the bathroom.

"Feel better?"

"Uh, not really."

"Just try and get some sleep on the plane," Derek said, but when he looked over to Stiles he saw fear once again present in his eyes.

"I can't," Stiles answered quickly.

"Come on man, just tell me something. It doesn't have to be all of it. Why can't you sleep?"

"I..." Stiles started, "I used to get terrible nightmares. Ones where I would think I woke up, but I never did. It got to the point where I couldn't ever tell if I woke up."

"Man, I don't know what to say," Derek responded. "I thought you can't read in dreams, I swear Reid said that once."

"You can't, but at that point I couldn't read in reality either."

"Why?"

"I..." Stiles began.

"Can't tell me. Got it."

"Sorry," Stiles mumbled.

"Come on Bones," Derek said, as they began to walk out of the bullpen.

"Why do you insist on calling me that?"

"Have you seen yourself! That's all you are."

Stiles actually laughed this time, not a small one from the plane earlier, an actual laugh.

"There you go," Morgan teased.

"You know," Stiles said as they approached the air strip. "Stiles is already a nickname."

"Then what's your actual name?"

When Stiles told his friend his actual name, Morgan reeled back slightly. "What that hell, type of name is that?!"

"My grandfathers."

Stiles and Morgan walked up the steps to board their private jet. Stiles was in a better mood now, talking with his friend had taken his mind off the whole situation for a little while. Just for a bit he wasn't terrified anymore of what was to come.

"Did you know this guy's real name is... god I can't even say that," Derek announced as they walked into the cabin.

"Wait," Emily exclaimed, "Stiles isn't your name?!"
"No, it's Mieczyslaw," Reid answered for him, without missing a beat or looking up from his book.

"Yeah, yeah. That!" Derek blurted out. "Wait. You knew."

"Of course I knew. Hotch knew too," Spencer protested.

"Don't bring me into this," Hotch protested. "I knew because I interviewed him."

The team joked and laughed for a while, as their jet drifted in the sky, flying over the land far below.