Chapter 9

'property of hell'

Playing with her food, Aphy was deep in thought. No it was not about the curly-haired boy sitting directly in front of her giving her secret glances. It was another boy who supposedly lived in this house before her. Someone who she knew very well. He was the reason she learnt to be kind and loving. He made her feel loved. She knew. She found out because under her bed was a secret box. Full of a drugs. But that was not the surprise, buried deep within the packet was a note.

Signed from 'Elliot' it was a suicide note.

My life was messy. It had more downs than ups. I don't remember a time when I truly felt alive without the drugs. Except their was one person.
Aphrodite I used to call her angel. She was my angel. But I fell for her. I was in love with Aphy and I still am. But she cannot ever be with me.
It was a tragedy the way I loved her,
It's a tragedy the star-crossed lovers will read about a hundred years later and weep over the blood that has spilt,
Because if us two could make it; no one could.
That was the sad thing it was never meant to be no matter how fucking much I want it. I acted like it wasn't a big deal when really it is breaking my heart.
Drugs may be the road to nowhere but at least they're the scenic route.they made me feel alive when I was dead inside.
But it was my fault.
I had to kill myself I had no other choice.
It was them they were after me. They wanted Aphy. I'd die before handing her over.
So I have to do this.
Aphy I love you. Bye

Aphy became frozen after reading the note. Not speaking a word she came down for dinner. Now on the table Evan and the delinquents were chatting randomly. Staring at her full plate. Flashbacks of Elliot filled her mind. The memories sneak out of her eyes rolling down her cheek. Aphy held no notice she continued staring at the plate her eyes out of focus.

The moon split in half and the stars crumbled falling like fireworks into the sea. She watched her world fall apart that day. When he left.

"Aphy?" Kato questioned seeing the girl silently crying in oblivion.
Snapping out of it she turned straight to Evan.
"Elliot" she sobbed with glassy eyes. Everyone at the table turned towards her in shock. How on earth did she know him.
"Is he really dead?" she said.
"Yes he is" those words made heart stop. He was really dead. Before they knew it Aphy collapsed onto the floor like dead weight.

Waking up in her bed, Aphy frowned in confusion. Her mind was running millions of miles an hour all revolving around a boy who goes by the name Elliot. She no longer had thought about taking down the gang or a certain curly haired boy. It was all Elliot and unanswered questions. Sitting upright she looked around her room. Everyone was present staring at her questionably. And before her specifically stood Finley with a note. The same note from Elliot.

Ignoring the fact they knew about her and Elliot; she came straight to the point.
"what happened?" she mumbled scared of the reply.
"overdosed, now we know it was suicide" Andres spoke up bluntly. It was clear that everyone really looked up to Elliot and we're clearly not taking his passing very well. Aphy would never get over it.
"take me to his grave" Aphy commanded Finley looking at him in the eyes.

In the chilly weather Aphy felt nothing but boiling red. He was taken. He had taken his life for her. She would never ever see him again. Ever. And that thought caused lots of sadness to arise from the goddess. She couldn't believe it. After hours of walking she had found him. Making Finley stand at the entrance of the graveyard, she had come on her own. She needed to see him.

Bending down she sat on her knees before the grave. Placing the lilies on the ground; she took a deep breath. Lillies were his favourite. He had said they reminded him of her. Bright and beautiful, but also fragile and small. Placing her hand on the soil she cried. Minutes turned into hours. But she remained sat on the soil. It began to rain. Heavy rain like the sky was crying along with the goddess. A memory from the deepest part of her became free.