Chapter 14

"I want to cry but I've got shit to do"

An awkward silence filled the room. All the delinquents were sat around Aphy in the cramped hospital room; Evan had to leave with the doctors for a discussion. Aphy had a plan. But she needed help. She couldn't do this by herself.
"Are you feeling better, Andres?" She softly questioned.
"Yep thanks to you" he said with a cute smile taking over his face.
"Please don't ever scare me like that, I don't think I can go through all that again" she admitted shyly looked down at her lap. Aphy found it considerably difficult showing people the caring girl hidden behind the cold exterior. In reality she was a small girl who acted like she didn't care, but fuck she cared too much.
"I promise, to stay alive" he emphasised with the tilt of his head. Aphy looked up meeting his eyes.
"Don't promise to live forever. Promise to forever live while your alive" she said breathlessly.
He sat bewildered by the care the girl displayed to him.
"Promise" she mumbled holding up her pinky.
With a chuckle he stood up walking to the girl they joined pinkies sealing the deal. A beautiful smile lit up the girls face after the small action. She was one of the girls who breathed fire when confronted but loved ever so gently it made you forget she could.

"What about you?" Finley enquired.
Turning to him they met eyes. His eyes swirled with contrasting emotions.
"What about me?" She said confused.
"You save everyone. But who saves you?" He spoke.
"I don't need saving, i can save myself" she replied coldly.
That phrase angered Finley.
"Well clearly not you did try to kill yourself, you really are crazy"

That blunt phrased caused everyone to look at Finley with wide eyes. A deadly silence suffocating the room. A giggle erupted out of the girl. She laughed. Everyone looked towards her in alarm, clearly uncomfortable with her actions.

"....the older I get, the more I see how women are described as having gone mad, when what they've actually become is knowledgeable and powerful and fucking furious" she growled out her words with poison. She had her daddy's tongue and temper, sometimes her mouth could use a filter, God shook his head the day he built her. But oh how he smiled.

Aphy stood up from her bed. Swaying side to side she gripped Kato as he got up abruptly helping the girl stand up in a instant.
"You should fucking be thankful, if I didn't do this you all would be dead right now"

The words leaving Aphy's mouth just as Evan enters startling everyone in the room. They looked towards her with oblivious stares. Once she saw Evan her mouth dropped open. He wasn't meant to know. He was never meant to know.

"What did you say Aphrodite?" He asked. The use of her full name filled her body with dread. It's been a long time anyone had used her name. It meant disappointment.
"Nothing" she shook her head aggressively from side to side swaying away from the topic she continued talking.
"You know Evan I've always had a crush on you." She spoke out elongating each word. This caused a light blush to erupt on his cheeks. She didn't stop.
"If it wasn't for alto I would've gone for you" she ran up to Evan pecking him on the cheek. She ran for her life out of the hospital room. Giggled echoed from the hallways into the room. Everyone was in the daze.
"Get back here!" Kato yelled playfully chasing after her out of the door.
Evan shook his head whispering.
"That little devil"

Running along the corridors. A sense of comfort filled Aphy. The feeling of freedom and a sense of relief burned her. She liked the moon, because like herself it shined brightest when no one was around to see. Coming to a stop she bent down with her hands on her knees panting for breath. All of a sudden warm arms embraced her from behind lifting her into the air. Soft giggles erupted from the girl with a feeling of joy and happiness. Coming back down onto the ground she held her forehead against his.

"Promise me you'll always stay happy" he said between breaths looking deep into her eyes.
"Pinky promise" she pouted with tears in her eyes she spoke once again.
"And I will never again run from life"
Looking deep into his sea green eyes.
"And from love, either" she breathed out looking directly into him.
A smile brightened her features. A twinkling sparkle in her eyes. They stared getting lost in one another.
"God. Your smile is literally the cutest thing I have ever seen in the whole world, when I see you smile my heart skips a beat, my stomach flips, and I can't help but stare. It is my favourite thing in the world; seeing you smile. You have no idea how adorable you are" he whispered cupping her face, he kissed all over her face releasing small laughs from the girl all over again. He could never get enough of them. It's one thing to tell her she's beautiful- but a whole new thing to make her feel it to. Well, that was exactly what he did to her.