Chapter 18

"But my dear this is not wonderland, and you are not Alice"

Destiny.
Aphrodite realised that she never truly believed in destiny.
No the stars never whispered her name, her future
She grabbed her own fate with two hungry hands, pulling and pushing and moulding her life, leaving smudges and dirty fingerprints all over a once clean soul.
Her mistakes belong entirely to her.
No. The stars never mapped out a path for her to follow, never planned her downfalls her triumphs.
She rules the stars; not the other way around. She took their dust injecting it into her veins. She breathed in their light as she lived.
We must be what we are; or we become enemies. Aphy was herself.
She always wants more. Not in things but experiences. She was made to learn and grow and that is where many men miss her completely. Once she is in their life, they want her to stay the same. And, for her, that just isn't possible.

Though she is often in depths of her misery there is still a calmness, pure harmony, and music inside her. She was at peace. Laying on her bed soft snores escaped her as she was enveloped into a deep slumber. One filled with serenity. Kato had carried Aphy placing her gently on her bed. Caressing her face he placed a soft kiss on her forehead, her cheek, the tip of her button nose then her lips. I guess they were angels in each other's stories; but devils in their own context. He fell in love with the way she fell asleep; slowly, and then all at once. He was more herself than she was. Whatever their souls were made of, his and hers were the same.

Kato cuddled in Aphy's side. He was so scared today. He couldn't register anything. He would tear the world apart with his bare hands if anyone took away this girl. A knock resounded from the door. Opening with a crack, Finley walked into the room.
"Is she ok?" He whispered staring at the sleeping beauty.
He answered with a nod of his head. He couldn't look at Finley right now. He trusted him. How could he not tell him? All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil.
The only crime is pride.

A few minutes of silence filled the room. Both the boys gazing at the girl sleeping before them. Her soul was too deep to explore by those who swam in the shallow end. She wore strength and darkness equally well; that girl was always half goddess and half hell. She wore her darkness like some girls wearing a tight black dress. She wasn't another flowers picked for her beauty and left to die. She was wild; difficult to find; impossible to forget.

She was a child of the moon. Being raised by the sun. In a world walked by stars and a sky drawn with flowers. There were poems inside of her that even paper couldn't handle.

"She talks about you like you put the stars in the sky" Finley said quietly at the lucky boy wrapped around the goddess.
"What" Kato frown in confusion.
"She was going to sacrifice herself if they let me go. Do you know what her last words to me were?" He questioned staring straight at the girl.
Kato hummed desperate for the boy to continue.
"She said 'tell him I love him'" Finley whispered with a tick in his jaw. He wasn't angry. No. He longed for this exact love. Not mediocre love; but love where you drown in one another. Love were he drowned in Aphy.
After his words, Kato looked at the girl with a saddened expression.
"I love you too" he mumbled under his breath stroking her hair back in a careful manner.

Aphy stirred in her sleep in distress. Waking up from his brief slumber he stroked her hair calming the girl down.
"Shhh, sleep baby" he whispered.
"I'll fight the bad dreams of if they come to get you"
And he did.
She needs him. Not in ways to survive. But in ways that made life worth living.

It was now midday. Aphy had just woken up from maybe the best sleep she ever had. Mostly because she woke up with the boy she was madly in love with. Skipping down the stairs with bother their hand intertwines they took their seats at the table for breakfast.
"Good morning" Aphy chirped at Evan.
"Morning Aphy" he returned her greeting with a small smile.
"Today, it is an important day" this caught the attention of all the delinquents around the table. Aphy looked around for a certain person. Finley. Where was he?
Aphy stood up abruptly causing her chair to topple over with the force. A loud crash resounding around the room.
"Finley" she urged for Evan to inform her on the boy's disappearance.
"Where is he?" She pressed desperately. It was clear Aphy wholeheartedly cared for each and everyone one of the people living in this house. There was nothing she wouldn't do for those you really were her friends. She had no notion of loving people by halves. It was not her nature.