Chapter 20

"Tell the wolves she's home"

Waking up the next morning, Aphy was going into a frenzy. Today was the day. Her heart hammered with anticipation. What would become of her. If she could she could she would have ran away long ago. But Aphrodite was no coward. She was a leader, a fighter a born warrior. A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest. Because she was sure in her soul  that the most terrifying thing in the forest is her.

"Aphy" Kato whispered.
She hummed liking up into his relaxed faced.
"Will you marry me? After everything is finished. Will you be my wife?" He spoke nervously. Caressing her cheek.
Aphy froze in her place. She always wanted him. Even when she didn't know what she wanted. It was him. He was the chapter that she didn't know the words to,  but always knew existed. And when she finally found it, she began to read, she knew she was home.
The silence sent a alarming feeling through Kato. He patiently waited for her to reply with dread.
"Yes" she nodded vigorously with teary eyes once coming back to reality.
Kato panted in relief before slamming his lips on hers. Taking her hand out the covers he slipped a ring onto her finger.
Aphy smiled with contentment finally. She never wanted anything more in life. All she wants was him.

He was like nobody else in the world. When she was with him; it's like she was split in half. Part of her was on fire; going crazy if not touching him. The other half was calm and peaceful, just perfectly content, knowing he was the one for her.

The day dragged on like no other. Aphy was in her head. If thinking was a drug, she would have been high as fuck right now. She was changed and geared up for war. Slipping on her leather jacket; she inspected the ring on her finger. No, she wasn't looking what it was made out of or was she guessing the price. Not at all. She was seeing the meaning of the ring, the value it had to her heart. It was a secret: but Aphy was truly scared of what would come after.
Where did she want to go?
A place. Far, far away.
She felt the fear. But did it anyways.

Slipping through her house, Aphy received a text from Ben

Slipping through her house, Aphy received a text from Ben. The plan was in action. Standing before the mansion; Aphy held a gun in her hand. Besides her stood Ben with his gang 'Hell' behind the two. It was a party. Oh how she will enjoy this.
She was going in that house to take him down.
To take them all down.

Listen to Hell rising by Rok Nardin