Chapter 11

'I'm not a bad person, I just don't give a fuck a lot'

Walking into the depressing building. Aphy cringed at the grime and damp that was present all around her. She questioned how anybody would live in a place like this. But they had no other choice. Walking up to the front desk, nerves got the better of her. It's been 6 months she hadn't been able to visit him. She's been busy and a lot had happened.
"Hello, I am here to see Vasilios Kokkinos"
"Room 93"

Following the signs down the corridor, Aphy continued her way to room 93. Standing before the wooden door she knocked lightly waiting for a reply.
"Come in" she heard his soft mellow childlike voice full of joy. The voice sent a wave of happiness into her heart.
As she stepped into the room; she was run into with small hands hugging her legs.
"APHYYYYY" her brother roared with laughter.
"Your really here" he exclaimed with disbelief.
Aphy and Visilios had a loving relationship. Aphy didn't know what she would do without her little brother who was a mere 8 years old.

Kneeling down onto the ground she reached at eye level to the boy. Inspecting him closely she looked for any signs of injuries or discomfort. Breathing a sign of relief she hugged the boy tightly towards her.
"I am sorry" she cried to the boy; ashamed and guilty for not visiting. The truth was she needed to protect him, by doing that she needed to stay away. She knew people were watching her. It was dangerous.

Visilios was special. He was a boy. Something Aphy was terrified of. In her world, being a boy bought honour and pride to the family. He was a leader. Something Aphy needed to stop. She didn't want him to get involved with this world. So she begged something Aphy never did. She begged for him to be placed into a orphanage anything was better than being there. But truth be told, Visilios enjoyed it in the orphanage. Despite the run-down and tacky building he enjoyed the liveliness the place brought. Something he was deprived off his entire life; of course Aphy learnt to live without it. She didn't want the same for her little brother, she wanted him to experience the joys of life. It was never said but Aphy held a motherly role for Visilios.

"How would you like to spend the day with me?" Aphy questioned lively. Her mood always instantly improved when she was with Visilios. He was her happy pill. Yes it was true, Aphy for once asked for permission from Evan; he was reluctant about it at first. But no one can ever say no to Aphy especially not with her speciality: the puppy eyes.
"Yesss" he jumped up and down. Aphy laughed at his adorable nature. 'Oh I hope he never grows up' Aphy thought. But that could never be real; everything will change. It's funny how days by day nothing really changed but when you look back everything is different. That thought scares Aphy because different would mean very bad.

Walking up to the familiar house Aphy directed Visilios to know on the door.
"Is this where you live?" He questioned with a pointed look.
"Yes, and I surprisingly like it" she said with a cute smile. Visilios immediately became happy for her, this was very rare for Aphy.
As the door creaked open, Evans head popped out.
"Hello there, you must be Visilios it is very nice to meet you my name is Evan" Evan stepped forward shaking the boys hand.
"Nice to meet you too" he shyly replied making Aphy chuckle at his cuteness.
"Your just in time for Lunch come on in everyone is already in the dining room" He directed them inside with a wave.

Aphy led her brother into the room. Settling herself onto the table she placed him next to her. Everyone filled the small boy curiosity looming there faces.
"This is my little brother, Visilios"
Skipping any introductions they began eating lunch.
"So how old are you, Visilios?" Kato questioned. It was clear the small boy was rather uncomfortable, Kato being the gentleman he is started up a conversation to make him feel more welcomed. Aphy was thankful for that. She was never really a talkative person so she appreciated the effort.
"I am 8 years old" he said proudly holding up 8 of his fingers.
"Do you live with your mum and dad?" This question caught the siblings off gaurd. Aphy's fork fell out of her hands due to the initial shock. The clattering of the cutlery rang throughout the room. Aphy patiently waited for her little brother to answer forcing herself to not intervene.