Chapter 3

"I don't like this plan. This is a stupid plan!"

"Austin, please, how long have we been friends?" Lauren Jauregui asked.

"Since we were in middle school," Austin Mahone replied.

"But then I moved away and we haven't spoken to each other since," he added.

"Whatever, dude. Will you stop being such a wuss?" Lauren asked.

"This is a very stupid idea, Laur! Breaking and entering is illegal!"

"It's not called breaking in when you have the keys," Lauren pointed out.

"But why the school auditorium?"

"It has killer acoustics," Lauren said simply.

"Why else would I bother to break into the most boring place in this school?"

She unlocked the lock door with the key and then opened it quietly. They snuck in and shut the door behind them. Lauren got on the stage and turned the stage lights on. Austin squinted his eyes at the bright light before his eyes adjusted.

Lauren suddenly ran towards the center stage and shouted at the top of her lungs.

"Woo Hoo!!"

The sound bounced off the walls of the auditorium as it echoes. Austin grabbed his friend by the elbow and pulled her away from the stage light.

"Jesus, Laur!" Austin yelled in a whisper.

"Are you insane? Do you want us to get caught?" he asked.

Lauren just laughed. Suddenly they heard a man shout. The green eyed girl realized that it was the security guard.

"Oh shit!" Lauren grabbed Austin by the collar of his shirt and pulled him along with her as she ran.

~

Once they were out of the auditorium, they ran down the hallway and bumped into two girls.

"Camilla!" Austin said in surprise. Lauren frowned at his friend before she looked at Camila and her friend.

"What are you doing here?" Austin asked.

"I could ask you the same question, Austin," Camila said as she folded her arms. Camila looked behind him and saw Lauren staring at her.

"Lauren," Camila greeted unamused.

"Cabello. Hansen," Lauren said as he greeted the two girls.

"How do you two know each other?" Lauren asked Austin.

"Now's not the time, Jauregui!" Austin snapped.

The four teenagers heard footsteps approaching.

"We have to go," Camila said, "Now," she emphasized as she grabbed Austin's and Lauren's and ran.

Camila lead them to the music room and they hid them behind the wall. Camila was still holding onto Lauren's hand. Camila was looking back and forth as she saw the shadow of the security guard through the window above them. Lauren was just watching her every movement. Camila turned and found Lauren staring at her. For a moment, their eyes locked. They stayed that way as the footsteps and shadow faded.

"Um, we better get going," Camila whispered.

"Hmm," Lauren said as she looked from her eyes to her lips.

Camila pulled away from her gaze and released her grip from Lauren's hand as she got up and walked out of the room quietly. She lead them out of the school through the back entrance and in no time, they were out of the school.