Chapter 16

It was a cool Saturday night. Everyone was out but Lauren Jauregui stayed home. Normally, she'd be the first one out of the house but this time was different. She actually wanted to stay home because her girlfriend was coming over. Ally, Normani and Dinah were also coming over and the girls decided to have a massive sleepover.

When Lauren heard a knock on the door, she jumped off of her couch and jogged towards the door. She opened it and instantly a huge smile appeared on her face. Camila Cabello stood in front of her with a smile on her face. It was one of those smiles that was only reserved for her and her alone. Camila had her hair down and she wore a black sleeveless crop top with high waisted blue skinny jeans and black heeled boots.

"Where did you come from?" Lauren asked as she eyed Camila from head to toe.

"I was out with my family. Then I came here," Camila said.

"Did you have plans or something? You didn't have to come here if you did," Lauren said quickly.

Camila smiled as she shook her head, "No. I had plans but my sister fell asleep so we went home early. I grabbed my backpack and came straight here. Do you mind if I change here?"

"Yeah! Wait, no. Wait, what?" Lauren shut her eyes as she took a deep breath. She opened them and saw her girlfriend giggling. Lauren smiled back.

"Come in," she said as she took a step back. Camila entered the house and walked up to the bathroom.

~

When Camila walked back down, the others had arrived and they were wearing their PJs. Ally wore a white 'lol you're not justin timberlake' t-shirt with shorts. Normani wore a tank top with shorts while Dinah wore a t-shirt with sweatpants. Lauren wore a faded band t-shirt and grey sweatpants and a dark grey hoodie. Lauren looked up and smiled. Camila wore loose british flag sweatshirt with shorts and her hair was up in a messy bun.

"Hi," Camila said as she sat beside her girlfriend.

"Hi," Lauren said as she gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"So, what do you guys want to do?" Camila asked.

"Oh! We can record a cover and post it on YouTube," Normani said.

"As in like a group cover?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah, it'll be fun," Normani said.

"I'll get the camera!" Camila exclaimed excitedly as she jumped to her feet and ran up to Lauren's room.

~

Camila set up the camera in Lauren's makeshift home studio. The girls actually had to change out of their PJs for the video. Lauren and Camila sat by the piano as Lauren played the song and the others waited for their cue.

"I'm gonna pick up the pieces and built a lego house," Normani sang, "If things go wrong, we can knock it down."

"My three words has two meanings, there's one thing on my mind. It's all for you," Dinah sang.

"And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm. If you're broken I will mend you, and I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now," Camila sang with so much passion.

"I'm out of touch, I'm out of luck. I'll pick you up when you're getting down. And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now."

"I'm out sight, I'm out of mind. I'd do it all for you in time. And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now," Camila sang as the others harmonized with oouhs in the background to support her.

"I'm gonna paint you by numbers," Lauren sang with her low and raspy voice.

"And color you in," Camila came in with a smile as she harmonized.

Lauren felt like she was transported back to the day in the music room where the two sang that song for the first time.

"If things go right, we can frame it," she sang.

"And put you on a wall," the others came in.

"And it's so hard to say it but I've been here before. And I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours," Ally sang.

They sang the rest of the song and throughout the song, Lauren couldn't keep her eyes off of her beautiful girlfriend. Camila sang with so much passion and emotion and her voice was so unique and it just amazed her.

~

Lauren turned the camera on and pointed the lens towards her as she stretched out her hand as she started recording.

"Hi I'm Lauren," Lauren said as she waved at the camera.

"What you just watched was our cover of Lego House by the musical genius that is Ed Sheeran. Let me introduce you to my friends," she said as she pointed the camera towards the rest. They were all sitting on the floor of the living room, watching a movie.

"Ally, guys," Lauren said as the oldest girl turned around.

"What?"

"Introduce yourself."

"Hi I'm Ally," the petite girl said. Lauren turned it to Normani and Dinah.

"Hey it's Normani!"

"Wassup it's Dinah Jane," Dinah said as she gave them a peace sign.

Lauren took the camera away and pointed it to herself, "We are missing a person. Where's Camz?" she asked the others.

"Kitchen," Ally said.

~

Lauren walked towards the kitchen to find Camila eating cereal. She took a seat beside her and pointed the camera at her.

"Hey beautiful," Lauren said.

"Shut up," Camila said. One hand was hovering over her mouth since she was eating and talking while the other reached out to move the camera away. Lauren let out a giggle as she repositioned the camera.

"Introduce yourself," Lauren said.

"Hi, I'm Camila," she said with a wave after she had swallowed her food.

"You're so cute," Lauren commented.

"Stop!" Camila said as she pushed the camera away.

Lauren point the camera towards herself, "Alright. I'm done now. Bye!" Lauren said as she covered the lens with her hand before she shut the camera off.

"What was that?" Camila asked.

"I thought about it... And I'm not posting the video. Instead, I just want to keep it. Like when I'm older, I'd want to watch these videos back and remember my friends and you," Lauren said.

"Wait, you actually want to do this thing?"

Lauren shrugged, "Why not?"

"It's so... Unlike you," Camila said, "I mean you're so different from the girl I first met," she said.

"Good or bad?"

"Definitely good," Camila said.

"Good," Lauren said with a smile.

"Is there anything else I don't know about you?" Camila asked as she tilted her head. Lauren smirked.

"Oh, so many," Lauren teased.

Camila gaped as she hit Lauren's arm.

"Ouch! Why do you keep hitting me?"

Camila shrugged, "Maybe 'cause I like it," she teased.

"You're evil."

Camila smiled, "I love you too," she said before Lauren pulled her in for a kiss.