4| Luscious Locks

~Draco

After that day in the library I had distanced myself from Ron and Hermione. I hadn't meant to go along with their friendship but it had been nice to talk to people for once.

But they only hung out with me because they thought I was Harry.

All Ron would talk about was hating Malfoy, aka ME.

"Harry are you alright? You look a little pink..." he turned to me at dinner after going on a rant about how we could all "give Malfoy a taste of his own medicine,"

"I need to go to the bathroom," I said loudly and ran out.

Potter was never at dinner anymore. I knew exactly where he was.

I made a beeline to the library and in the far corner I saw a glowing light.

I was met with a wand to the throat.

"Woah woah, it's me!" I waved my hands in mock surrender.

"Okay, sorry it's just, people..."

"Hate me, I know," I nodded.

He looked down at his feet.

"I didn't know," he whispered.

"It's nothing Potter-,"

"-how awful we are to you, I thought that your life was so grand," he said.

"What, you don't think hiding out in the library is grand?" I chuckled awkwardly.

"No I don't, and I think I'll be leaving now," He tried to move around me but I blocked him.

"You're trying to fix this, I know,"

"Not anymore," he said.

"Why would you stop?" I gaped at him.

"You should have some relief for a while I guess,"

I snorted.
"You think that I'm enjoying your life? Really? They only hang out with me because they think I'm you! Don't be so full of yourself Potter, we need to be in our own lives,"

"Well I can't find anything in here, for fucks sake, and Hermione won't speak to me,"

"Are you forgetting that I too, am smart? And that I can do this?" I crossed my arms.

"But Hermione-,"

"We don't need her," I said firmly.

"Fine," he gave in.

I walked past him and gave the shelves a once-over. With a finger I pulled a book from its place.

"Here we go, 'Curses: A-Z'," The book was musty and rather heavy. I hefted it onto a nearby table. Potter followed me over.

"How the hell did you find that so quickly?" He frowned, "I've been here for ages,"

"You just don't know where to look, Potter," I rolled my eyes.
It felt weird calling him Potter especially when he looked like me. Merlin, this was unnerving.

I delved into the depths of the book and for a while, it was like I was alone. There was no Weasley around, constantly throwing shade on my name it was quite nice.

"Do you think it's polyjuice potion?" Potter asked suddenly.

I raised my brows.
"How do you know what polyjuice is?"

"I'm not that dumb Malfoy," he said defensively.

"You are if you think this is polyjuice," I muttered.

"I was asking if you thought so!"

I really was craving that quiet again.

"Since when do you give a damn about what I think?"

"Never mind," he gritted his teeth. Potter fell silent again and a strange feeling of peace settled over us. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him flicking a blonde strand of hair.

"Can you stop messing up my hair?" I glowered.

"It's not your hair anymore Malfoy, you have The Golden Boy's Luscious Locks now," his voice hitched up an octave.

"I can't take this! You are so annoying, I can't concentrate!" I rose from the chair, "I'm going back to dinner,"

Potter/me rolled his eyes but then he held up a hand.

"What if someone is tainting the water with polyjuice?"

I snorted, "that's the dumbest idea-,"

"-guess what, I almost died in fourth year because of a man who drank polyjuice all damn day so I think that it's not as dumb as you think,"

So the rumors were true. At the end of every school year there was always some rumor buzzing around that Potter almost died of something. I always tossed them over my shoulders but he was now confirming them.

"Alright, alright fine, so what are we going to do about it?" I relented.

Uh oh... a ~c o n s p i r a c y~ !!

Is it polyjuice potion?

Or is it...

Something E L S E

DUN DUN DUUNNNNN