35| New Evidence

~Harry

I physically gasped at the sight of the man striding towards the bench.

This was the person who was supposed to represent us?

Represent us as what, exactly, road kill? Dirt? Dead meat?

Snape plopped a brief case on the table and it made a big echoing sound.

"We are here today to determine the consequences of these four young people's actions," the judge said, "we have Mr. Blaise Zabini, Mr. Draco Malfoy, Ms. Hermione Granger, and Mr. Harry Potter,"

The jury nodded at every name called.
I felt like I was surrounded by an ocean of sharks waiting to sink their teeth into us with their verdict.

"You four are facing charges for trespassing, filing a false Auror report, and attempted murder on Mr. Lucius Malfoy, which might I add, is Draco Malfoy's father," A gangly man in a tight striped suit addressed us.

A prosecutor?

The man continued, "I think that they should all be charged to the full extent of our law,"

I clicked my jaw back and forth, about ready to take all the blame for what he was trying to pin us with.

Snape gave me the hairy eyeball and he rose from his seat to address the court.

"These children," -a sharp gesture to us, "are not of sound mind, it is not in the courts best interest to charge them,"

Great. Paint us as psychotic.

I had no clue was Snape was playing at and I didn't think anyone else did either.

"You can't just plead insanity!" The striped suit man exclaimed.

"I'm merely pointing out that they have been mentally taxed as of late," Snape said calmly.

"That doesn't-,"

"-quiet Sam, go on Severus," the judge interrupted.

Snape inhaled deeply.
"Lucius Malfoy is a great manipulator and he used his 'talents' to twist the mind of another party to torment them. Specifically Mr. Malfoy and Potter,"

"And what was the motive behind this "tormenting" and mind twisting?" Striped suit man demanded.

"To keep them apart,"

"Your honor, that just makes no sense!" Sam exclaimed.

"Lucius Malfoy is an evil man, he has deceived us all for so many years!" Snape was yelling now.

There was a strange glint in his eye. Why was he doing this?

Did someone put him up to it?

"This is off topic!" Sam screeched.

I didn't really like this Sam guy.

"It is quite on topic," Snape said, "attempted murder is not an accurate statement,"

"Then what do you suggest?" The judge peered down at him.

"I suggest revising this to self-defense, they're just kids! Kids who needed to defend themselves from a man who doesn't believe in love!"