14| Reversing the Reverse

~Harry

Draco practically decided for himself that I was gay and there was no way around it. I gave up protesting eventually because he was relentless.

But what if I was? I mean... the vision... no, no it still seemed very impossible to me.

I was thinking about all this while Hermione dragged us down to the girls bathroom where we had the potion.

"Alright are you guys ready?" She grinned.

"I was born ready," I put on that false bravado.

"There's no backing out now," she said.

"And why on earth would we want to back out?" Draco snapped.

"I don't know...you two seemed to have had some quality bonding time down by the quidditch field," she waggled her eyebrows.

"You were watching?" I gaped.

"Did you hear anything?" Draco asked sharply.

"I only observe," she said seriously.

"Ugh Granger just hand me a cup before I bludgeon you with the cauldron,"

She dipped the two cups into the steaming cauldron and when she pulled them back up, they were filled with a light blue liquid that looked to be glowing.

"Are you sure this will work Hermione?" I glanced at the cups.

"Scared Potter?" Draco smirked.

"It'll be fine Harry," Hermione assured me.

I shut my eyes tightly and threw back the cup.
Immediately, cold tingles, almost as sharp as ice picks, rushed through my body. I felt feverish. Beside me, Draco had a sour look on his face.

His face! It had worked!

I didn't expect it to right away.

"Wow," Hermione breathed.

"How come it happened so fast?" Draco asked, echoing my thoughts perfectly.

"Probably because you guys were exposed to the potion a while ago and it was getting weaker," she shrugged.

"Does that mean we could have waited it off?"

"No, there would be some kind of complications in the long run,"

My stomach felt like it just took an abrupt turn and I rushed for the toilet, barely making it.

"Ew," Draco said from behind me.

"Arggg," I moaned.

"Try not to get that everywhere," he said.

"Dammit Draco, it hasn't even been three minutes and you're already getting back to being a bitch," I yelled.

"What did you expect? Sunshine and daisies?" He yelled back.

"I don't know, maybe some decency?"

My stomach clenched again and I emptied out some more of my guts into the toilet. It burned so bad that tears stung my eyes, I pawed around for the toilet paper to dry my eyes.

Behind me, Draco was slouched against the stall, watching me.

"What?"

"I don't know what's wrong with me," he whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I can't be nice to save my life, why am I so damn mean? I don't want to be this way,"

I couldn't come up with what to say so I just scooted over to him and put a hand over his arm.

"Harry why can't I be better?"

"You don't need to be better, I think you're great just the way you are," I said.

"Everyone hates me, it won't change,"

"Not everyone," I gestured to myself.

"I don't understand why," he muttered.

"Because we're more alike than you know," I said, echoing McGonagalls words.

"I don't deserve you," he said quietly.

"You don't get to make that decision, I'll still hang out with you, even now that it's over," I promised.

"It's not over. Not until we find who did this,"

Okay I know the chapters have been really short but I can't help it :/ so I sorry