22| Harsh Words in Battle

~Draco

Sure enough, the following day Snape snatched me away from Blaise during lunch and asked me a question very similar to what Harry asked back in the Shrieking Shack when he was being Snape.

Surprisingly, I didn't crack under the stress and I was able to leave the dungeons and sit back down for lunch.

Now I could focus on end of term exams. Winter was coming in full swing and everyone was getting anxious to go away for Christmas.

I didn't want to go back to the Manor because I'd have to deal with Father but if I stayed here, he would get suspicious.

Harry and I already figured that the reason Snape did all this was to keep Harry and us apart and that was the last thing Father would need to hear before cursing me into the next millennium.

Blaise and I were walking back to the common room when both of us were tapped on the shoulder.

It was Harry and Hermione, both wearing grins only a Gryffindor could sport.

"You guys wanna go to the Room of Requirement?" Harry asked.

"Fuck yes!" Blaise cheered.

"You didn't even ask why," Hermione frowned.

"I don't care man, I'm bored as hell," Blaise already redirected himself.

"Fair enough," Harry said and we all went off in search of the room.

I glanced at Harry and he looked like he wanted to say something.

I watched him fidget around until he just blurted it out.
"Blaise, why were you going around in empty classrooms at night?"

"Well... I uhm.." Blaise looked as uncomfortable as Harry did.

Right then another person crashed into the group.

It was Bumbling Longbottom.

I opened my mouth to tell him that he was in the wrong place but he seemed to have made a beeline to Blaise.

"Hey Blaise, what are you doing for Christmas?" He asked.

"Oh you know..." Blaise bit his lip and the two laughed.

It was like we all disappeared, leaving the Blaise & Neville show.

Neville laughed loudly and walked off.

"Excuse me, what the fuck was that?" Harry and I said at the same time.

"He asked me a question that's all," Blaise shrugged innocently.

"No no no that wasn't just some question," I glared.

"What? You aren't the only one who can get yourself a Gryffindor guy! It's not my fault they're all hot!" He snapped.

My jaw dropped and I reached out to cover Harry's ears.

"Blaise!" I couldn't help it, I grinned, "you're such a simp!"

"So are you!" Blaise countered, "'Oh Harry this, oh Harry that, Blaise do you think he'll like me in this shirt? Or this one? Blaise! Why are you ignoring me? Blaise! I'm in a crisis!',"

Hermione choked on what I suspected was a laugh.

"Okay fine let's all forget this ever happened," I scowled.

"Well Draco, I do like you in that shirt," Harry said.

Needless to say, I pouted all the way to the Room of Requirement.