34| False Convictions

~Draco

I whipped around to see the squad of Aurors entering the room.

Where were they when Harry was being tortured?

"What have you kids done to him?!" A grizzly looking man rushed to father's side.

"He was the one who hurt us!" Hermione said angrily.

"Lindsey, give me the kit," the man ignored us.

This "Lindsey" handed him the said kit and he went to work on father.

Another Auror grabbed us all
and pulled us out of the study.

"What in Merlins name is going on here?"
This Auror had brown hair and strange looking pinkish colored eyes. I read the badge on her robes; Mavis.

I tried to explain how father was about to hurt me and how Harry, Hermione, and Blaise stepped in before it was too late.

Mavis narrowed her freakish eyes at us.

"And how did they get here to the manor?" She demanded.

"We snuck in," Harry said.

"Well that's trespassing," Mavis murmured to herself.

"Excuse me," Hermione interjected, "we are trying to tell you that Lucius Malfoy tried to kill us! And you're trying to pin us for a common misdemeanor?! What kind of Auror are you?!!!"

I'd never heard Hermione snapped at an adult like this and I was impressed.

"We got a call for contraband," Mavis said flatly, "not an attempted murder,"

"It was self defense," Harry said weakly.

I squeezed his shoulders in an attempt to comfort him. I knew he was trying to work this into a way to blame himself...he probably already had it worked out.

"Defense against what?" She took out her notepad, waiting to jot it down.

"Lucius, my father," I said for Harry.

"Okay but what kind of magic we talking about?"

"Cruciatus curse," Harry said quietly.

Mavis's quill froze on the paper.
"That's an unforgivable,"

"We know that," Blaise rolled his eyes.

"Are you sure-,"

"-yes! He hurt Harry!" I raised my voice.

I wanted her to go back in there and chain my father in cuffs. To get him out of this house, the house that he polluted. To bring us justice.

"Harry... as in Potter?" She asked.

Hermione didn't let anyone answer, she grabbed our hands and pulled us away.

"You are a horrible law enforcer and human being," she hissed over her shoulder.

"I'm not done taking your statements!" Mavis called after us.

"We'll go find a more competent person," Hermione retorted.

She guided us to the end of the hall. Her nostrils were flared in fury.