11| The Name Game

~Draco

It shouldn't have been making me so giddy inside that he knew my full name. After all, it was only my name. But that was it. My name. It sounded very smooth rolling off his tongue with ease.

No one ever said my name like that. I was either Draco, Malfoy, or Draco Lucius Malfoy! (That one was for when I got into trouble).

It was only a name, honestly not a big deal. Not a big deal, not a big deal.

My hand itched to pull the blanket up to my nose, and take a whiff. I couldn't quite pin down the scent. I didn't though, because who knew what I'd be doing next? I mean, smelling him was bad enough.

In a couple days, the potion would be closer to being finished. I was relieved, but what if Harry and I went back to the same ways we had been before? I was actually enjoying the lack of fighting.

I would be going back to my old life. Plain old Malfoy. The kid that everyone hated. I hoped that maybe this newfound... friendship? Truce? Whatever it was I hoped that it would change some things.

* * *

It happened in the Great Hall. The same stabbing light crippled me and I saw something that I couldn't comprehend.

It was Harry and me, we were in Hogsmeade village. The snow covered everything in a coat of white, including the tops of our heads. I reached out and tussled Harry's hair, the snow falling off his head. I could feel the coolness of the snow on my hands. Harry blushed and smiled softly up at me. He tried to get to my hair but I was too tall for him to reach, he jumped up and tackled me. We fell into a snow drift and he breathed in my face, the cloud surrounding us.

My eyes popped open and everyone was staring at me.

"Harry are you alright?" Weasley asked.

I nodded. I glanced over at Granger and she didn't look fooled.

Why was this happening? Was it the future?

My heart rate got significantly faster at the thought of that happening.

Over at the Slytherin table, Harry/me was staring blankly at his plate. I tried to catch his eye but he wouldn't look up.

I couldn't eat anymore so I walked out of the hall to class.

Clack clack clack!

The sound of someone running filled the hall. It was Granger scurrying after me.

"What did you see this time? You looked spooked," she asked when she caught up to me.

"I don't think I want to-,"

"Malfoy you better tell me, after all I am the one trying to help you and Harry," she said.

"Okay fine, but promise not to make fun of me," I said.

"Why would I do that?"

I lowered my voice and told her what I saw.

Her mouth twitched into what looked like a smile.

"Hey! I said don't make fun," I snapped.

"I wasn't, that just sounds very wholesome," she shrugged.

"What on earth is that supposed to mean?"

"Oh nothing," Granger waved her hand dismissively.

We got to Herbology and sat down.
I couldn't wait for this day to get over with. I wanted to go talk to Harry. I wanted to know if he saw the same thing that I did.

Oh the plot thickens... bah hah hah

I actually have an elaborate plan for this story so I'm excited to drop this bomb on you >:)