4

Suggested by straightnogayvodka ♥️

Louis gets a phone call early the next morning. He almost hangs up when he hears Mr. Lucas from Modest's voice on the other line but he controls himself.
"What do you want?" He growls instead.

"Long time no see, Louis." Mr. Lucas chuckles.

"Thank God for that." Louis mutters.

"I'm gonna make this short. You messed up. You and Harry have been spotted in the grocery store and people heard you argue. How could you be so stupid, Louis? Anyway, Briana and Freddie are on a plane right now. They will land at Heathrow at 3. Pick them up and go to Starbucks on Edgware road. Paparazzi will wait for you there and someone from the office will keep an eye on you as well." Mr. Lucas instructs.

"Wait, what? What's wrong with you? He's just an innocent kid! How can you make him travel across the world for this? In the middle of the night? What the hell!" Louis says upset.  

"Briana has signed a contract as well. Things like this are something she has agreed on." Mr. Lucas answers coldly.

"That doesn't make it right. Poor kid!" Louis protests.

"Whatever. Just do as I say." Mr. Lucas mutters.

"Fine." Louis agrees because he doesn't have a choice really.

----------------------

Harry wakes up late the next day. His head hurts and he's really hungover. Oh God, he must have emptied that bottle of tequila. Bad idea.

He drags himself out of bed and manages to get to the bathroom where he rushes to the toilet bowl and hurls. When he's finally done puking his guts out he flushes and rinses his mouth with water. He finds some painkillers in the cabinet over the sink and swallows two down. Oh God, he'll never drink again.

He walks over to the shower on shaky legs and turns it on and gets undressed. He leaves the clothes in a pile on the floor and steps under the water. It feels amazing. He takes a long shower, letting the warm water loosen up his tensed muscles.

When he finally gets out and has some clothes on he looks at the time. 15.41. He slept the whole day!

His stomach is empty and makes a sound. What he really needs right now is some strong coffee. No! A caramel frappuccino and a berry bircher from Starbucks sound heavenly. He calls for a cab and grabs his wallet. He's in no shape of driving. 

The taxi arrives a couple of minutes later and he tells the driver to take him to the nearest Starbucks. Ten minutes later they arrive and Harry pays for the ride and walks inside. The place is crowded. He stands in line and waits for his turn to order.

Suddenly he hears a very familiar voice in that distinct northern accent that he loves. He turns around quickly and his eyes fall on Louis. He's not alone. It feels like a punch to the stomach when Harry realizes that Briana and Freddie are sitting at the same table. They look like a family.

Then it hits him. It really hits him. Louis is someone's dad. That little blonde, blue-eyed boy calls Louis daddy. He always thought that they would have kids together someday. Instead, Louis has a kid with someone else. Someone he takes out for coffee.

He gasps for air. It hurts too much. He hasn't actually seen them together before. It makes it real. Before this moment Louis' fatherhood was just a story in a magazine. But here he is, right in front of him, having a day out with his son and the girl he cheated on him with.

Louis looks up and their eyes meet. Louis just stares at him, looking shocked. Harry can't make himself break eye contact. He's frozen in place. He doesn't want to be here but he can't move.

Louis doesn't say anything. He doesn't call him over. Instead, he finally looks away and pretends like he hasn't seen him. What the hell? That's even more hurtful. So Harry isn't important enough to be introduced to his child? He's literally standing right here a few feet away and Louis just ignores him.
How can he do that?

Harry feels absolutely humiliated. Tears prick behind his eyes and he's finally able to move. He runs out of the shop and stops a cab that luckily drives by. He hears camera flashes go off and looks around. What the hell is the paparazzi doing here? Oh, of course. They want to get a photo of the perfect family inside.

He looks down at the ground and hurries to get inside the cab and slams the door shut. He gives the driver his address and rests his face in his hands, trying to keep it together until he's in the safety of his own home. Smile now, cry later. Smile now, cry later. He repeats the mantra over and over again.

Thank God it's a short drive home. He pays for the ride and hurries to his house. The first tear starts to roll down his cheek when he tries to get the door open. He manages to get inside and locks the door behind him. He's full-time sobbing when he reaches his bedroom. He lays down and curls himself into a ball and cries his heart out.

Back at Starbucks Louis continues as if nothing has happened. He's calm on the outside, knowing they're being papped. Knowing that someone from Modest is watching his every move. On the inside, he's panicking. Harry wasn't supposed to be here! He looked so hurt. So broken. He just wants to cry, but he can't.

Modest will be furious. They will probably think that he called Harry to destroy their damage control plan. It won't matter whatever he says. Harry probably got papped as well. There's no way the paparazzi won't be able to sell such a juicy story. They haven't been seen together in years. They will be all over this. It will be on every headline all over town tomorrow.

He needs to find a way to get away from it all without dangering Harry's career. He has no idea what to do.

What happens next?