V || 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗝𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮

┏━━━━♢━━━━┓
Annie POV
"Sometimes I don't wanna be happy."

It was a regular shift I'm having at the cafe.

"Hello, ma'am, what would you like today?" I said to a woman in her 40's.

"I'd like a refund please." She said.

"Uhm, refund..for what?" I said, confused by what she just said.

"I spilled my drink an hour ago. Give me the money back." She demanded.

💭: Oh, she's a Karen. Great.

"Sorry ma'am, but it's not mine or anyone's fault you spilled your drink." I said back at her.

"Where's your manager?" She loudly said.

"I am the manager and the only employee who works here." I replied to the iconic woman.

"Well, hope you guys make your customer service better. It's not a good look on you, you know." She judged.

"Yeah, sure." I lied.

After serving a few customers. A girl in a yellow hoodie came in, I've never seen her. It doesn't look like she's from around here.

"Hello! Welcome to Daily Cafe!" I happily said.

"M-me?" The girl stuttered.

"Yes, you! How can I help you?" I said, gesturing her to come to the counter. She looked at the menu and looked back down at me.

"Venti mocha latte with 2 pumps of vanilla, please....Annie." I noticed she looked at my name tag.

"Alrighty, will that be all?" I said, putting her order on the cash register.

She gave me a nod and a thumbs up.

💭: Nobody ever gave me that kind of response.

The cafe was then empty. I was waiting for my last usual customer, whom I actually gained feelings for. The room was quiet, and without thinking, I said something that might scare her off.

"You have a boyfriend?" I said.
"Huh?!" She exclaimed.
"Sorry, never mind." I said quickly.

I looked at the clock.

💭: Oh, shoot! It's almost time before he comes!

I quickly stopped making the girl's order and grabbed a new cup. I started the coffee pot. When a boy wearing a hat, along with a leather coat came in through the door.

💭: He's here.

He went directly towards the counter and said to me quickly.

"Did you make my usual already?" His voice was muffled, but it was understandable.

"Sorry, I forgot to prepare your usual. Can you give me a moment to finish this lady's order?" I said, referring to the girl in the corner. The cute boy sighed and nodded.

After making the order of the hoodie-girl, I called her to pick the drink up. She quickly walked towards the counter, handed me the payment and I pressed some buttons on the cash register.