➪ 𝙺𝚘̄𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚘̄ 𝙱𝚘𝚔𝚞𝚝𝚘 | 𝙾𝚢𝚊 𝙾𝚢𝚊

☁︎ 𝙵𝚕𝚞𝚏𝚏
𝚂𝚑𝚎/𝙷𝚎𝚛 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚜

𝚈𝚎𝚜, 𝙸 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚊 𝙱𝚘𝚔𝚞𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚌. 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚖 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚊 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚘.

〰〰 🏐 〰〰

     Standing up from your desk, you stretched your limbs in exhaustion. You were working at a publishing company which put in long hours for some grueling work. It wasn't super bad, but sitting down all day did get old eventually.
     "Well, my shift's over." You heard your kouhai, Etsuko said standing up. "Senpai, when do you get off?"
     You looked up at her and chuckled, scratching the back of your head. "I'm closing up tonight, so I get off around eleven-thirty. Unlucky night shift for me I guess."
     She pats your shoulder and gave you a smile and thumbs up. "I wish you the best, Senpai."
     You thanked her and stretched your body, hearing your back pop with a cringe. You were only twenty-three but you felt like you were forty-five.

     About two hours later, your shift ended and you turned off your computer, checking around to see if there was anything around. Computers still on, forgotten belongings, etcetera. Once you were sure nothing was on or forgotten, you took the company keys from your desk and walked out, turning to lock the doors behind you.
     You didn't mind the closing shift since you didn't really like company outings, so this was perfect really. Once you finished locking up, you stuffed the keys into your bag and turned to start heading home.
     The walk wasn't bad, and since you usually opted to wear some comfortable shoes with your writer's aesthetic clothing, you didn't mind that it took about twenty minutes. You very much enjoyed walking through the colorful town during the night. It was calm, but there was still the bustle that made everything seem nice and populated. Your favorite part was when you got to your apartment area though, where it was a bit further away and quieter.
     As you made your way out of the bustling shop row and into the quieter neighborhood, you hummed a slight tune. It was such a nice night. The air was refreshing, the breeze was weak but strong enough to move your hair around, and you had a slight pep in your step.
     You paused your walking though, seeing some stranger walking over to you from the other side of the street. You knew exactly what would happen and you didn't feel like sticking around, so you dug your hand into your bag to get your pepper spray and started walking much faster. Eventually, when you heard their footsteps speed up, you felt tears prick in your eyes. This situation was horrifying, all you were doing was walking home.
     Eventually, you saw a small area and made a mad dash for it, seeing an old mart and empty parking lot. Not good. Turning around, you saw the stranger and shook slightly. That smile was truly sinister.
     "G-Get away from me! I have pepper spray a-and I k-know basic defense s-skills!" You stuttered, cursing yourself internally but knew the shake would be a given in this kind of situation.
     "Yet you can't hold off a stutter? Sweetie, I don't think you'll do much harm to me." They said, voice deep. Ah, a man, even better to fight against.
     When they took a step closer, you ran up and sprayed some pepper spray in his eyes, hearing him yelp in pain and grab his eyes. You didn't even look back, running away in some random direction. You just wanted to get away from the creep.

     'Shit, fuck, damn it! What the fuck what the fuck why!? Who was that? What do they want from me?!' You thought, feeling proud of yourself for spraying them but you still felt tests rolling down your face because of the terror you felt. Who wouldn't be crying in this sort of situation?
     Looking back, you saw a different looking person. They had the hoodie and sweatpants getup like the last one, but they seemed a bit bigger. Oh, God. Making a turn, you ran as fast as your legs could carry but it wasn't fast enough, you were grabbed by your arm.
     "Hey now, what you did to my buddy wasn't cool babe. Just don't resist and I promise we won't have to hurt you." You heard the voice say, noting it was softer but even more sickening. Something like that Karma Akabane dude mixed with the fairy king from Sword Art Online.
     "Let me go!"
     Hearing the chuckle, you thrashed more. You knew that if there was a vehicle involved then you'd better hurry fast. Once you were in the car or can or whatever they had, you might as well be considered dead.