➪ 𝙺𝚎𝚗𝚖𝚊 𝙺𝚘𝚣𝚞𝚖𝚎 | 𝚄𝚙𝚜𝚎𝚝

☂︎ 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝
𝙽𝚘 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚌 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚜

𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚗𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 (𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝙸 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎). 𝙸'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑!

〰〰 🏐 〰〰

     Biting on your lip nervously, you sat in class and focused on Kenma Kozume, the boy you've had a crush on since last year. You weren't anything remarkable in your thoughts. Average grades, average looks, average everything really. The reason you were nervous though wasn't that you kept thinking you were average or that you were just a few feet away from your crush, but because you were planning on confessing today.
     Yeah, you were going to confess to Kenma Kozume. He probably didn't even know who you were though. You weren't a girl-next-door type of person, you weren't friends or related to anyone in the volleyball club, and you weren't super well known among your school. You were just another average kid in Nekoma High.
     Snapping out of your thoughts thanks to the lunch bell, you quickly tidied up your desk, walking out of the class to go eat lunch. Grabbing the food your packed, you started eating and just went on auto-pilot. You had a small treat to give him just in case he didn't like you back so that even if it went bad, you'd both have something. Him a snack and you an answer. In a way, it's a win-win (not really).
     "Watch out!" You heard a shout, quickly dodging a ball coming straight to your head. You felt goosebumps ripple across your skin when you felt the wind and heard it slam against the wall behind you.
     "Hey, you guys doing soccer need to be more careful, that stuff could rest injure someone." You said, grabbing the ball and tossing it toward the player who warned you.
     Well, at least you were out of auto-pilot mode. Now you just had to get Kenma alone after school.

     "I really like you, please go out with me." You did it. You held out the treat and bowed your head, cheeks red, heart racing, and the stare you felt from him nearly killed you.
     You froze when you felt him grab the treat and examine it. You knew he liked apple pie since he talked about it once in class, but you couldn't exactly carry apple pie around everywhere, so you got him chocolate-covered apple slices. Better than plain apples at least?
     Standing up, you watched him take a bite out of one, his eyebrows slightly raising and diverting his attention back at you.
     "These are good."
     "I knew you liked apple pie from that one time you talked about it in class, but I didn't want the risk of someone stealing it so I got you these." You cringed at how stalker-like you sounded like.
     "I accept."

〰〰 🏐 〰〰

     That was four months ago. The first two months had been great from that point on. You were introduced to the volleyball club and made a few new friends, you hung out with Kenma after practices and played games with him, and had the occasional cuddles while he played a game and you either read a book or messed around on your phone.
     It was all amazing, until last month. It didn't happen quickly, but he slowly distanced himself from you. He replied to your texts less than he used to. When you texted him in the morning he would reply at least thirty minutes later with a simple 'Morning.' When you walked up to him at school he'd only spare you a glance before going right back to his game. You understood how much he loved his games, it just felt like he didn't see you anymore.
     Now here you were, bouncing your leg and chewing on your lip nervously while staring at your boyfriend. Maybe he was just having a bad week. You could try and cheer him up maybe, but there was the possibility he would just ignore that attempt like last week.
     You stood up when the bell rang and walked up to your boyfriend, a smile on your face.
     "Hey there Kenma." Moving some of his hair, you pressed a kiss to his forehead. Now that you thought about it, these kinds of kisses we're as far as you two had ever gotten.
     He gave you a small smile after you pulled away from his forehead and it almost made you shame yourself for ever thinking he didn't care anymore.
     "Hey Pudding, mind if we just sit? I wanna beat this boss."
     "Sure, is that a new game?"
     "Yeah, I bought it last night. I've been grinding all night."
     You paused for a moment, staring at him. "Kenma...I called you about our date last night."
     He glanced up at you with raised eyebrows before looking back at his game with a small 'hm' noise. Were you really not worth his time anymore? His affection? The littlest bit of attention maybe?
     "Sorry, I was busy Pudding, I hope you aren't upset." That was it. That was the last thing he had said to you that day. He didn't even move to squeeze your hand or kiss your forehead or even look at you while saying that.