Part 4

You stood frozen there, with your head lowered down, staring at the floor as if it was so beautiful. Only if the floor beneath you would crack into two halves and you could get dissolved, disappearing in the arms of the earth. You were scared, anxious, nervous and embarrassed. "What on earth were you doing Miss Lee?" 

Taehyung's glaring eyes stared down at you. As if his towering height wasn't intimidating alone that his continuous glare was adding up to the spice now. "S-Si-Sir…" your voice trembled and the file that you were holding was shivering along with your hand. Of course you had already come up with another plan, if you were going to get caught, but executing it was getting difficult.

No doubt you were here to know what talks were going inside. You were low-key scared that Seokjin would tell everything that you said to him and that you will get fired anytime soon. But now you were regretting eavesdropping their conversation. "I-I was h-here to get your signature here." You raised the file that you were holding.

"For that you had to come inside. What were you exactly doing here?" His face showed how he was not at all convinced by your white lie. "I was about to come-" "For that you need to knock" he folded his arms, interrupting you in between. "I was about to-" "You were about to knock with your ears?" You stood dumbfounded by his witty replies and interruption.

"Well I believe you are capable of doing that." You frowned at his reply and looked at him with a scrunched up face. What does he mean? "What?" His one glare and you straightened your face immediately. "Get in and wait. I am coming." Giving you a last glare, he left the room and you hastily walked inside, and stood in front of an eating Seokjin.

"Mr.Kim" he looked up at you with a mouth stuffed with food and big eyes. "I am really sorry for everything that I said." You bowed at him, asking for his forgiveness. He showed you his palm and chewed the food first. "I ain't angry or something. So don't worry." You heaved out a breath of relief after hearing him.

"But you shouldn't trust anyone and say things to them. What if someone complains about you?" Seokjin raised his brow and you shook your head. "I won't do that again. I will never." "You are very naive." He smiled warmly at you and you blinked your eyes, fiddling with your fingers, not knowing what to say.

||

Days passed and you successfully completed a whole week at your office. Though working with Taehyung was a little difficult, you still managed and followed his orders, trying your best to make fewer mistakes. You were still learning to prepare his dark coffee, which was bitter just like him. That's what you thought. Sometimes you would mess up with the papers and end up working overtime as a punishment from him.

Besides all this, you were learning and you were glad that you were doing things on your own. Also, you have made many friends in office, so chit chats and gossips at break time was somewhat relieving for you. Currently, you were in the file room, stood up in a stool to get to a file which was kept on the highest shelf.

"Why would sir want this file now?" You flared your nose as your short height wasn't allowing you to reach the file and it was highly irritating you. "Miss Lee?" A deep tone rang inside the room and you turned around to look at your boss but lost your balance and instantly fell down on your butt. Taehyung widened his eyes, seeing you fall down and walked towards you with a quick step.

You were about to look up at him while groaning in pain but the file which you were trying to get from so long, fell down on your head, hitting you. "Ouuhhh!" You groaned with your eyes shut tight, rubbing your head where the file hit you. Taehyung stood there blinking his eyes, looking down at you. "What are you looking at? Help me." He held your arm and pulled you up, making you stand properly.

"How can you be so clumsy?" He scoffed while you were still rubbing your head, blowing out air. "It's all your fault. If you hadn't called me, I wouldn't have looked back." You glared at him. "You were taking a lot of time to come. That's why I came to check. It's not my fault if you can't handle yourself." He glared back at you. 

"The file was kept on the top shelf. I wasn't able to reach there." You folded your arms, frowning at him. He looked at you from head to toe for a brief moment. "It's again not my fault if you are short." He walked past you and picked up the required file and left the room, unknowingly smiling a little, which went unnoticed by you.

There you stood with your mouth open. "Did he just insult me?" You glared at his retreating back but sighed later. You can't really do anything if he insults you. He is your boss and not the other way around!! You followed him out with slow steps, promising yourself for the upteempth time to never embarrass yourself in front of him again.

||

"We are leaving for Busan for two days." Taehyung said as you stood in front of him with your MacBook, noting down. "We?" You pointed towards him and yourself, making sure that he was talking about you only. He raised his head from the laptop to take a look at you. "Can this table, the couch or the wall come with me in a car? If so then they are also coming." His face was straight but dipped with sarcasm.

"Why can't you answer me properly for once?" Your face held a scowl. "Why can't you ask rational questions? Who else is here with me?" He leaned back on his arm chair. "You could have just said a yes" you argued back making him sigh. "Yes Miss Lee, WE, which means you and I are going to Busan tomorrow for two days to attend an important conference. Is that fine now?"

You thinned your lips into a smile muttering a small "sure sir". Only if it was legal to do a murder, he would have been dead by now. The whole day passed somehow, while you kept wondering about going with him. Though it was your job to accompany him as his secretary, yet going alone with a guy was making you feel insecure.

You can't really trust him. Can you?

timeskip; morning 10:01am;

You stood at the parking lot with your bag as Taehyung's driver was getting his car. "See, I am on time today." You said to him as soon as you spotted him coming. "So? Should I give you an award for that?" You scoffed, mentally rolling your eyes at him.

Once the car came and stood beside you two, the driver came out. "I am sorry sir that I couldn't drive you till Busan." The driver said apologetically while you stood clueless. "It's alright. Your wife needs you now. Take care and ask me if you need anything." Taehyung took the car keys from him and the driver left. His wife was on labour and hence he wasn't able to drive you two.

You widened your eyes as you realised that Taehyung was about to drive. "Hold on. Hold on!" You yelled suddenly as Taehyung walked to the other side. "Can you even drive properly?" He stopped from sitting inside as he heard you speak. "I mean do you have a license and all?" 

He stood silently, glaring at you. "Listen, don't give me those looks. I have seen how your driver drives. So you can't really expect me to trust you." He sighed but still didn't speak, instead just kept staring at you. "I am just curious. You can drive right?" "Are you getting in or not?" He glared at you again and you reluctantly sat inside.

"Listen to me carefully…." He said once you were putting on your seatbelt. "As I have already told you earlier that I absolutely hate chaotic people...so you better keep quiet till we drive to Busan." He warned you before starting the car. "But I have a question…" you worriedly looked at him and he sighed, realising that this journey will be anything but quiet.

______________________________________