2

As i walked into the blindly white building, i was greeted with a bunch of nurses and other members of staff. They ALL were smiling, who on earth is happy to be here? Im sure not.

I didnt say a word to anyone, even the receptionist, i left my mother to do all of the communicating for me. After what felt like a fucking century, i was taken up some black stairs and shown my room. I was told that patients here would have a roommate of the same gender, so when i walked in and saw a small, skinny teenger sat on his bed, i wasnt surprised.

"Mr. Way, this is your roomate, Frank Iero."
I nodded, still refusing to let my voice be heard by these monsters.
"Oi, iero, take your head out of that damn book and great your oh-so loud new roommate" she giggled and he breathed a quiet laugh too, putting his book down and nodding in my general direction.

"Welcome to hell, my friend" he held out his fist and i pressed mine against his. Soon after, the nurse left and i sighed in relief.

I started to make my bed look decent and put up my posters and drawings before frank decided to speak to me.

"Do you actually not talk or are you just not fond of the staff"
"The latter" i sighed as i hung up a green day poster.
"What you in here for anyway?"
"Suicide attempts, depression, self harm. Yknow, the cliches."
"Oh right, im in here for anorexia and self harm"
I nodded, hoping he would take the hint that i didnt want to speak, but he didnt.

"I like your art, and your posters. Who are these people?"he asked pointing to a drawing of mikey and my parents.

"Parents." I said point at the two of them.
"Brother." I pointed at mikey and then continued to hang things up on my walls. When i finished with my wall decorations and posters, i walked over to the small bookshelf that stood against the wall by my bed, frank had one on his side too. Filling the shelf up quickly with comics and novels was quite simple, i had a few books left that didnt fit so i just put them on the bedside table that sat comfertably in the corner.

I sat on my bed and pulled out my favourite book Am I Normal Yet? And began to read it. Within 3 minutes of opening the book, frank was sat on the side of the bed and looking at the book, smiling.

"Why are you smiling?"
"Can a boy not smile?" He just smiled wider as he spoke
I just sighed and shrugged.
"Wow, you really are miserable. Anyway, i was smiling because ive finally found a book i havent read. And it rests between your skinny fingers, gerard"
"Right well, ive read it a thousand times. You can read it if you want, if you break it ill kill you" i handed him the book and he squealed like a child.

"How old are you?" I was seriously beginning to doubt he was even 15.
"Oh im 17, how about you?"
"Turned 19 the other day."
"Oh well, happy birthday for then man" i nodded and whispered a thank you. I decided to just stare at my walls for a while instead of finding another book to read.

"Gerard?" I didnt bother looking at him, i just nodded.
"Why are parts of this book highlightes, circled and anitated?"
"Ive has that book a long time, i highlight and circle important bits and i anitate certain other parts"
"If you highlight important stuff, why is bad thought highlighted more than once?" Did he ever stop with the questions?
"Because i have bad thoughts" he left it at that and he began to read on, leaving us in complete silence at last.

I decided i should actually look at frank now and see what he actually looks like. He has a small nose and hazel eyes, high cheek bones and a good jawline, nice eyebrows and decent lips. Damn, most attractive dude ive ever seen in these god forsaken towns.

The silence was broken by something i was surprised i let myself say.

"You are very pretty, frank"
He looked up at me and smiled, though it seemed a sad smile.
"As are you, gerard." I just shook my head and rested my chin on my hands.

I think this place wont be as bad as i thought.