Chapter 8 - Lasso of Truth

LA

Constantine and Lucifer had just finished putting enchanted duct tape over the doors, and they stepped back to admire their work. "Honestly not a bad job, this should work," John mused.

Lucifer shrugged, "Well if this is done, let's go get that little brat then shall?" "I'm not sure I would describe him as 'little' Lucy. He did go blow for blow with you after all."

The devil scoffed at the mystic. "You really believe I was trying there? I underestimated him, sure but I wasn't expecting him to put up that much of a fight. To top it off he ran away, not me. I think I won that fight."

"Whatever you say, We just have to track him down. At least we somewhat know who we're dealing with now. Percy Jackson. A demigod, who's feats seemed impressive I'm not going to lie."

"Well, yeah, they kind of did didn't they? What do you suppose 'Bane of Gaea' meant? I always thought in myths she was the whole world."

John shrugged and started walking to the car. "Maybe he was a threat to the world? Perhaps the bloke got mad with power after saving Olympus, and that's why he was banished?"

Lucifer opened his car door and got in, starting it up. "If you're right John, then we really need to find him. He could be a danger to everyone on earth. Do you have a tracking spell you can perform to find him?"

The blond shook his head. "I would need more than his name, I'd need his DNA, and I don't think he dropped any in that fight. He seemed almost invulnerable to your demon blades."

They drove off, thinking about what to do. After awhile, Lucifer spoke, "Well, if he is a threat to the world, then all we gotta do is watch the news until he makes his move, right?"

"Surely it can't be that easy?"

"Well do you have a better idea?"

Silence.

Washington D.C.

Percy emerged from the Atlantic on the beach, completely dry. Some of the people that were relaxing got freaked out and started running away, more proof that he indeed wasn't on his world. The mist didn't appear to be a thing here.

'It doesn't matter,' he thought to himself. 'My world or not, a godly weapon has no business in the hands of an unworthy mortal.' With that he walked into the city, no idea where he was even going to start looking. Luckily, Lady Luck was on his side. He stumbled upon a big building called the Hall of Justice, and there was what seemed to be a press conference happening. He didn't realize it at first, but he could practically feel the presence of his Father.

He started pushing his way through the crowd of people, trying to get as close to the front of the conference as possible, and when he was close enough, he saw a bunch of people standing in costumes talking to the crowd. He saw a man who had a red and yellow suit, lightning bolt symbol on his chest with little wings on his feet and cowl, a bigger man in a red and yellow suit, lightning bolt symbol on his chest...

Percy had to shake himself out of his random thoughts about people being obsessed with red and yellow suits and lightning bolts. He quickly looked at the rest. There was a man in blue with a red 'S' as his emblem, an attractive female wearing what looked like fancy Amazonian armor, sword on her back with a rope at her side. Next was a guy in a black suit, with pointy ears. Weird. There was a Half-man half-machine. He wasn't even sure how that was possible. The next guy had a black and green suit with a mask over his eyes, he couldn't tell what it was on his chest honestly. It looked like a fat 'I' to him. As he looked at the last guy he instantly knew who it was.