Chapter 15 - Android

I do not own the characters, Rick Riordan and Detective Comics do

Chapter 15 - Android

Percy looked around the little two bedroom apartment that Diana had brought him too. He had to admit, it was nice, two bedrooms, one bath, a living room and a kitchen. He turned to Diana and shrugged, "This place is nice, but it's kind of empty."

"Well, yeah, right now. The League will pay for and furnish it, along with giving you an allowance and a bank account, which in fact we have to go set up today."

"Oh, nice. So basically the Justice League is a job?"
"Yes and no. Most of the League have jobs outside of the hero business, along with their own lives to live. You can choose to do that too if you want. I actually recommend it, it won't be too good for you to just sit around here all day waiting to be needed in a crisis."

"I just don't know what I want to do. For nearly all of my life, all I've known is battle, war, training, survival and escape. It'll be hard to get a regular job. Even on this new world, I've just been training. What could I possibly do, Diana?"

She stayed silent while she thought about it. "Honestly Perseus, that's not for me to say. This is your life that you get to live, a second chance from the pit. No one else decides what you should do, or what you can or can't do."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"When am I not," she retorted, smiling slyly.

Percy just rolled his eyes and looked around. "At least I'll have Small Bob and Mrs. O'Leary here to keep me company."

Diana nodded, "Very true, those two are very good companions. Oh, I almost forgot. Here you go." She pulled out a phone from her pocket and handed it over to him. He just took it out of her hand and stared at it.

"Never really had one of these before."

"It's a custom one, made for Leaguers. If the League is needed, an alert will pop up with a status report and location. Also, if you need too, press the button on the top and it will send out the alert that we are needed with your location. Also take this," she then handed him a communicator you put in your ear.

"Sometimes, it's easier to reach up and talk directly. You won't even notice it after awhile and it's quite durable."

"Woah, I feel like James Bond with all these gadgets!" He joked, but Diana just looked at him blankly. "Er, never mind. Let's go to the Bank then now?"

"Yeah, good idea." They turned to leave when Diana heard Oliver Queens voice in her ear, Percy had yet to put his in.

"Calling all available Leaguers! Me, Canary and Flash are in battle with an Android and request assistance! We are just outside Star City, I repeat, need assistance!"

Diana smirked and turned to Percy. "Todays your lucky day, Perseus. The League needs us."

"What's the problem?"

"We'll see when we get there, but all Arrow told us what's that it was an Android. But it's time to go."

"Well dang, alright let's go. This should be fun."

They both rushed downstairs and before Percy could react, Diana picked him up and flew them to the nearest teleporter. "Hey! A little warning next time?"

"Hey, I'm picking you up," she jokingly replied.

Percy threw his hands into the air and shook his head. "There's no winning with you, is there?"

"Nope, now get into the teleporter and say Star City!"

"Geez, okay okay." They had arrived at an alleyway and Percy already knew from previous experiences that it had to be the random old phone booth. He opened the door and walked in. "Perseus, Star City."