Chapter 17 - Daughters of Zeus

Star City

Artemis and Athena both landed in the outskirts of the city, looking around.

"Based off the trace amounts of divine energy, here is where Poseidon's domains were used the strongest."

Artemis gestured all around her. "Well, it does look like a pretty big battle took place here. Perhaps our sister was a part of it?"

"Diana? It's a possibility, ever since she decided to join those mortal heroes, she has seen battle all over the world. Maybe she fought a foe with our Uncle's powers."

"How would anyone even get those though? He claims to have not bedded a mortal, and Poseidon is not one to lie."

"Perhaps we should just ask our sister of what transpired here. Maybe it's time to take a trip to Themyscira, it's been awhile since we have visited."

The Goddess of the Hunt nodded, and they both flashed to the island paradise. They appeared in the Temple, right where Queen Hippolyta was standing, talking to Diana.

The Queen of the Amazon's was in shock, but quickly came to her senses as her and Diana quickly bowed. "Lady Athena, Lady Artemis. We were not expecting you."

"Rise," Athena commanded. The two Amazon's obliged. "We wish to speak with our sister."

"Is something wrong, Lady Athena?" Diana asked.

"We are looking for someone, and we think Diana here might've seen him," Artemis replied.

"Him? Are you referring to Perseus?" Hippolyta asked. Diana shot her mother a look before Athena asked, "And who would this Perseus be?"

Diana sighed. "He is our cousin, sisters. Son of Poseidon."

Artemis grew angry. "That lying bastard! He bedded another mortal after all?"

"Artemis, calm down," Athena turned to Diana.

"What do you mean, exactly? Poseidon claims to have not sired any children in the last millennium."

"He's not lying, at least that I know of. Perseus is indeed a Son of Poseidon, but not our Uncle. He is from another world, with other gods."

"What are you talking about?" Athena asked, not understanding how their could be another version of her Uncle on another world.

"He described it as another reality, where the gods didn't leave Earth, where the still sired children. After his second trip to Tartarus, he found his way here."

The two Goddesses frowned. "He went to Tartarus twice and made it out? Why was he even there in the first place?" Artemis wondered.

"It is not my place to say, Lady Artemis."

"Where is he now?"

Diana hesitated. "Why are you looking for him exactly? He hasn't done anything wrong."

"Father wants him on Olympus to explain himself, how he got his powers and what he is," Athena explained. Diana nodded, "We were going to contact you when he was ready to meet you. If you feel that the time is now, I'll tell you where he is. He is in Manhattan, at least, that was the last place I left him."

The two goddesses thanked Diana before flashing away to find Perseus. Diana turned to her mother, "Do you think he will be alright, Mother?" The Queen of the Amazon's nodded. "I can feel the Young Gods power rolling off of him. He may not realize it yet, but it was more powerful than the presence of these two that just left. Maybe they can help him properly harness his power."

"Perhaps you are right. We can only hope for the best and that they don't take him away, at least for good. I've grown fond of the little brat."

Queen Hippolyta threw back her head and laughed. "You certainly have, my darling. May we pray for the best."