5

Gray

Thanks to the map that came with the note, we manage to make our way to the busier part of town. I know we're the same age, but it feels like I'm keeping tabs on a child as we explore among the crowd.

"So... Wherever you think smells good?" I say. He nods, licking his lips.
We've run into a bit of a problem: Every single place that has food smells good to him.
"Can we go here? Oh, wait, here!" My concern for our—my—money is growing with every shop and restaurant we pass.

"Look here, we won't have enough if we try to dine at multiple places," I try to say, only to be met with, "You sure? What about this place? And this place?"
My head starts to spin at his rapid-fire remarks as he darts around to all the food displays nearby. Damn, do I really need the power of friendship for this?
After a while of trying not to go insane, I stumble across a place I think will be perfect for him. Thank. Mavis. 
"Hey, Natsu! Over here." I wave. He runs to me through the moving crowd, eyes shining.
"Find something?" he says, identical to a kid at the fair. I nod, pointing at the sign next to me. He gasps. "An all-you-can-eat buffet?!"
My grin grows as I attempt to advise, "Don't go too crazy—"
But I'm cut off upon the realization that he's already jetted into the restaurant. I run in after him, calling his name in a panic.

"Are you... with him?" The person at the front desk asks, visibly shaken. I nod, forcing a laugh while my eyes dart around for the sight of him.
"I'll try to keep him in control," I say, waving back to them. But before I can make my way to the rows and rows of delicious-looking food, a hand rises in front of me.
"M-Mister... if you would..." The waitress holds her clipboard to her chest. She's trying to keep her eyes away. Huh?
"Can you please put on some clothes? ...The customers are staring."

While my mind goes quiet, all I can comprehend is the sight of Natsu traumatizing the staff as he shovels entire trays onto his plate, and the sudden realization that I am, in fact, naked.

"I am... so sorry," I say, except no sound leaves my mouth. Dashing out the restaurant before I can even think, I run into another store, throwing clothes on from the nearest aisle and leaving money at the cashier before hurdling back over into the buffet. Natsu, you better not be—
My eyes land on the circle of customers gawking in one direction. I follow their gaze to the end.
I'm gonna pretend I don't know him.

Wait. I can't because if he's left unchecked any further...
Hiding my face with my hands, I walk over to make a plate in defeat.

"Natsu." Minutes later, I've managed to muster up the courage to stand in front of him.
He freezes, eyes slowly moving to me. I gesture to all the people behind me, every single one of them staring at us.
"Huh?"
I don't know whether to laugh or cry as I take a seat in front of him. But I do know that when I see the table, it triggers my gag reflex.

"It's pretty obvious now," I say. My sanity has gone on vacation as I wipe the table with one hand, plate of cold food in the other. 
"Ohbvious vwuhat?" I give him a glare.
"That you were raised by a dragon."
He swallows. "Hey, that has nothing to do with the way I eat!"
Sigh. He's a hopeless case. But at the very least, he's aware.  

I dig in. "You could have, y'know, waited for me."
"Not my fault you're a public stripper," he says. I take deep breaths because I'd get arrested for strangling him otherwise.
"You really are taking advantage of this," I say, trying with all my strength to focus on the food instead of the chaos he's been insinuating. 
"Hey, I did try to wait for you. But the food looked so good..."
"So you value food over me?" 
"Duh."
"Alright, then. Looks like I'm leaving."
"Okay." His eating pace has slowed.
"Eat before you leave," he continues. "Otherwise I'mma eat it all for you." I watch as he fits an entire chicken leg into his mouth, only to spit nothing but its bone seconds later. What the hell.
"Fine. But I've lost my appetite after watching you," I say, about to take in a spoonful of fried rice before he kicks me in the shin. Really.