One day till reunion day

BRITTANY POV

We are currently at grandma Courtney's so that tomorrow we can go to the reunion together, like the small little 'family' that we are. With that I mean grandma Courtney, aunt Cynthia, uncle Drake, aunt Charlotte, Piper, Melissa, Dean, aunt Ashley, aunt Taylor, my mother and I. For a reason that I don't get, they want to arrive at the hotel together and impress the rest of the family. Apparently the relationship between my grandma and Melissa and their brothers, Robert and John, was never that good, and it had only gotten worse when everyone had children. Thank god that Drake, Charlotte, Piper and I guess Dean don't want anything to do with that dress to impress nonsense or I'd once again be the odd one out.

The family got divided, and mother and my aunts Cynthia and Ashley had been quite the bullies of Robert and John's daughters. I think one of them was called Paige, and the other girl's name, well woman by now, I don't really recall. My mother and my aunts always just called her Beaver. It had something to do with her teeth I think. Oh no wait, Hermione! That's it! I remember uncle Drake correcting mother once when they were gossiping about her. Again. I have never met the woman, but mother seems really pissed off because of her, even though it's been 27 years since she last saw her. I like her already. I never really liked mother, but she's the one who gave birth to me, so I can at least try to be civil with her in public. Emphasis on try. But that woman infuriates me so much! She never has a single nice thing to say about anyone except aunts Cynthia, Ashley and Taylor and even that isn't always sincere. So I decided to frustrate my mother as much as she frustrates me. Believe me, there never is a quiet day at home, and it's not in the positive meaning of the sentence.

"Is Beaver coming to the reunion tomorrow mother?" I hear Cynthia asking my grandmother. "I believe mom said she would, unfortunately, why?" she replied, with malice in her voice. I guess grandmother isn't a fan of Hermione either. Lovely. "Oh no reason" mother answered, but you could see the glints of mischief in their eyes. "I wonder what she looks like now. I bet she's a librarian and still lives with her parents! Just like that dude in that weird movie, The 40-year-old-virgin" Cynthia screeched enthusiastically. Oh god, can that woman never shut up? "She would definitely deserve it, that damn know-it-all! I can't wait to show her how much better we are than she is once and for all!" mother replied. Well I for one hope that that Hermione is successful and has a beautiful family, just for the sake of annoying the crap out of mother.

HERMIONE POV

Before we knew it, it was the day before the reunion, and we were packing our bags for our stay at the Silver Lion. Yesterday, Draco had to leave with Theo for a business trip in Rome, they are opening a new hotel in the city centre with an indoor casino. So that's where Theo came into the picture, owning a chain of casino's. Since the building of the new hotel was still in its early stages, it was necessary for the hotel and casino owners (or one of both) to be on site once in a while to make sure everything was going according to plan. So that's why Draco went with Theo, and Blaise stayed in England. Apparently it was actually a really good thing for the plan of messing with my family. Draco, Blaise and Theo managed to keep their personal lives private in the muggle world. So, the press being the press, made of it that they were single and ready to mingle. They obviously aren't, but we all charmed our wedding bands to only be visible to those who know we're married. That way we could protect our children as best as possible for all those vultures who call themselves reporters. This has lead them to be the three most eligible bachelors in the United Kingdom. And that was exactly what my family was counting on, judging from what my aunt wrote me.

The plan was to keep my family in the dark on the last name of my children, and everyone would for this occasion call me a Granger again. Draco and Theo would be back from their trip halfway through the reunion, but we would make sure that he wouldn't be seen with me or the children until the ball at the end of the reunion. Oh how my family loves to be dramatic. The Zabinis, Notts, Potters and Weasleys were all notified of the plan, since they would also be joining us for the ball on the 31st. The ball was thrown for Harry's birthday, but no one really knew about that. They just figured it to be a ball for the sake of it, just because we can. After that, our five families would be staying at the hotel a couple of weeks longer to combine work and a vacation with the lot of us. We were all too busy with work to go on an actual vacation all together, so two birds, one stone.

Almost 15 years ago now, Ginny, Luna and I started a fashion brand together, LGH Clothing, when the three of us had no idea of what we would like for a career. We all tried a few paths, but nothing seemed to keep us motivated to stay. Luna and I both loved to design clothes, and it seemed that we were even better when we teamed up. Ginny soon joined us for all things practical when she quit playing for the Holyhead Harpies. After a while, Pansy and Astoria joined us to help Ginny, and that's how the five of us are now running the company ever since. Nobody knows it though. Ginny, Pansy and Astoria are the public figures, while Luna and I managed to stay out of the spotlights. Ginny, being married to 'the Harry Potter', yes even in the muggle world he was a hero, was already famous over there so she didn't mind it. Pansy married Theo and even though they are both well-known, no one seems to know that they're married and have children together. How no one figured that one out really is a mystery to all of us. Lastly, Astoria just kind of 'volunteered' to be in the spotlights alongside Ginny and Pansy because she really didn't mind the attention, she couldn't care less about what people think of her. That was also one of the main reasons she and Ron bonded over time, they both didn't give a flying fuck. None of us did actually, but why change something when there is no need for it? So Luna and I just kept on working behind the scenes. Of course we were all famous in the wizarding world for what we did during the war and the Slytherins for how they changed for the better afterwards, but luckily for us, muggles haven't connected all the dots about our lives just yet.