Reunion Day 1 - Meet the Malfoys

HERMIONE POV

After meeting Lucius and Narcissa in the lobby, the five of us went up to our suite. Ava and Cassie quickly came up to us to greet their grandparents excitedly, it had been since the night of their return home that they've seen each other. We walked into the living room with them, and were quite surprised to see Brittany, Jake and William sit there as well. I thought we weren't going to tell anyone? Wasn't that the plan? I think Ava noticed my confused look "They know who we are mum, so now, they are in on the plan as well. Britt doesn't like her mother, and Jake and William over here like pranking too much to pass up the opportunity". Now it was Lucius' turn to be confused. "I thought we weren't going to tell anyone until the ball, little missy?" he pretended to be hurt. "I know! It was all going great but then one of the Fake Five, Cynthia I think, was introducing herself, saying how she had a highly placed function at LGH and, and I quote, 'I am pretty sure I am the soon to be Mrs. Malfoy, we've been dating for quite some time you see' we all tried so hard to contain our laughter at that but kind of failed, can you blame us though? But apparently Britt saw, so she got curious, asked about it, Scorp and I told them and now we're here" she explained in one breath.

If it wasn't for the fact that Lucius and Narcissa were so classy, they would be rolling on the ground of laughter. "Draco, our son, dating that plastic excuse of a human being, or any other woman for that matter? Oh Merlin this is the best joke I've heard in ages!" Lucius cracked up again. It's honestly so relieving to hear it confirmed from his parents that Draco would never cheat on me. I know we've been married for 18 years but I can still get so insecure about it because well let's face it, he is THE Draco Malfoy. He has women, gorgeous women, falling at his feet wherever he goes, and I'm just, well, me..

"Not to be rude or disrespectful or anything, but how are you so certain of it?" Britt asked curiously, but politely none the less. "Just wait until you see him looking at Hermione, you'll have your answer " Narcissa winked at the girl. I felt a small blush creep onto my cheeks. Was it really that obvious? "And the feeling is clearly still mutual" my mum added cheekily when she saw my blushing face. "What can I say? He's my ferret." I chuckled, already halfway up to cloud nine by just thinking about him.

"Talking about dad again, are we?" Scorp informed from behind me, which made me come crashing down to reality. I turned around to him, James and Harry, and shrugged "Guilty". "Oh by the way mum, I invited James and Harry to join us for dinner, they're technically family right, I hope that's alright?" "Of course it is darling, I'll just quickly go and inform grandma and grandpa about it. Lucius, Narcissa, you'll join us as well, right?" I stated more than asked them. "You really don't have to go through the trouble, we'll just dine together, you lot should enjoy your reunion!" Narcissa answered. "Nonsense dear, you are as much family as James and Harry are! You're joining us." Mum said, not accepting another refusal. Robert and I will go inform Roger and Clarissa, and we'll go tell the staff. I think you all have some more revenge-on-the-family-planning to do, no? We'll be right back so we can go to dinner together. Bye!" mum said, already halfway through the door out. Want to guess from whom I got my determination? "I guess that's my cue to leave" dad remarked and I chuckled. "See you later!".

Dinner went by fairly calm since we all sat at separate tables. I sat with mum and dad, Lucius and Narcissa, Harry and my grandparents. My grandparents loved having Harry, Lucius and Narcissa there as well, and they were already excited to meet the rest of our 'chosen' family at the ball. Yup, Harry was telling everyone that that is what we call ourselves. Because 'you know, I'm the Chosen One so we're the Chosen Family' etcetera etc. It's in moments like those where I miss Hogwarts-Harry. He wasn't as dramatic and attention hog as he is these days. I swear James is influencing the man too much.

The children seem to be having fun as well, their laughter sometimes fills up the entire restaurant. Scorp, Cassie, James, Ava, Britt, William, Jake and Piper were seated together at the table next to us. I'm so glad to see that the next generation of Grangers isn't as rotten as some of their predecessors are. Thank Merlin there is still hope for this partially messed-up family after all.

For tomorrow afternoon, we planned on going into the city to do some shopping, go sightseeing, and to generally bond some more. In the morning, I planned on getting some more work done for the company with Cassie. I'm gradually showing her around the company, well officially that is. She's been running around the place ever since she was able to, helping us in any way she could, but now I'm also showing her the not-so-fun things about running a company.

But first, it's time for this eventful first day of the reunion to come to an end. I sink in my bed and instantly miss Draco by my side. Merlin I really am a sap! Draco travels a lot because of his job so I should've gotten used to it by now, but I just can't. Normally we always go to bed together and if we're not occupied by something else, we'd tell each other about our days or just whatever we felt like talking about. When Ava wasn't old enough to go to Hogwarts yet, I usually stayed at home with her, and exceptionally go with Draco, but now that she is, there is no way in hell I would stay at home when Draco went abroad. I am one of the bosses, if I want to design in Argentina then I bloody well will. Just kidding, I'm not the stuck-up kind of boss (I hope), but I do decide wherever it is I work.

I thought about calling Draco but knowing him, he left his phone Merlin knows where. It's one of those things he always manages to lose and has to accio for it when he finally notices his loss. Oh well I guess I'll just talk to myself about my day. Merlin, what a day it was. I can't believe the Fake Five, thank you Britt for the nickname, haven't changed the slightest in 27 years! Well obviously not Taylor because she was barely born then but how in the world is it even possible they haven't grown up? I mean, Draco and I went from hating each other's guts to falling head over heels in love. If that is possible, anything is. Or at least that's what I thought. All right, no one is ever going to hear about the fact that I just proved myself wrong, I would never hear the end of it! Once, Draco proved me wrong on something minor, but trust me, he'll still remind me of it every chance he gets. "Do you remember that time when I outsmarted you? Me, Draco Malfoy, proved you, the brightest witch of her age, wrong! Oh the good old times!". Every. single. time... So no, no one will hear.

I clung onto Draco's pillow and felt myselfdozing off, dreaming about a certain Slytherin prince.