Reunion Day 1 - Meet the Grangers

CASSIE POV

"Ha, dad owes me money" Scorp triumphantly whispered when we made our way over to the reception desk. "You two bet again? About what?" "About the Granger family bitches" he laughed "Dad didn't think they would be as bad as mum described them, I thought they would. So I just won 50 pounds and we're not even here for a full five minutes." He winked at me before turning towards the receptionist. I rolled my eyes at him, both of them never could resist making a bet, both being way too eager to prove the other wrong. Dad usually won though so I guess that's why Scorp is so excited.

"Hello, the Granger family checking in, please" our great-grandfather asked the person behind the desk. "Hello, welcome to the Silver Lion" the receptionist answered. "Alright, so I have room 401 for Melissa and Dean Johnson, room 402 for Courtney, Cynthia, Amber and Brittany Granger, room 403 for Ashley and Taylor Johnson, room 405 for Drake, Charlotte and Piper Granger. Then I have room 450 for Roger and Clarissa Granger, room 451 for John and Annabeth Granger, room 452 for Paige and David Smith, room 453 for Jake and William Smith and lastly room 454 for Robert and Jean Granger. We put you with the family, but if you prefer, your usual room is ready as well". The receptionist told grandma and grandpa. "This room is perfect, but thank you for the offer" Grandpa answered. She turned back to the entire family and, while handing everyone their keys, she added "And please beware, the fifth floor is off limits for our regular guests, it's reserved for family and friends of the owners. Enjoy your stay here!" The barbie doll part of the family dashed into the elevator without as much as a 'thank you' or a smile. Wow, rude much. One family and one other girl did though, I don't know their names and by the looks of it, they were all ashamed to have to go with that Courtney. Thank Merlin there still appear to be some nice people in the family.

By now, only the three of us, grandma and grandpa and our great-grandparents were left at the reception desk so we could finally see the receptionist, who I just now recognised to be Annie. "Hello Mr. and Misses Malfoy! You three get more beautiful, and handsome, every time you get here!" she started, but we quickly interrupted "Please, Annie, how many times do we have to tell you, just call us Cassie, Scorp and Ava! There is absolutely no need for all those formalities, we're just teenagers." We told her in a hushed voice, relieved that it was only us left at there, or our plan would be screwed before it properly started. "Especially now, please call us by our first names! The lot that just left have no clue of who we are, so we're kind of messing with them by not letting them know who we actually are" I winked at her, informing her of our little scheme. "Alright then, here is the key to your suite." She laughed at us. She always loved our jokes when we were here, much like Minnie did back at Hogwarts, but she for one would never admit that.

"Oh and Annie, do you know where mum is?" I quickly asked her. "I promised I'd help her so she would be done sooner to join the reunion". "Ah yes, she's in conference room nr. 6. She'll be glad to have you there, she was rather stressed this morning" she smiled. "Alright, thank you Annie!" I replied and turned to the rest of us. "How about we go check out your rooms?". The seven of us got into the spacious elevator and went up to their floor. Grandma and grandpa and our great-grandparents got off and told us to meet them again in 15 minutes in the lounge. We quickly went up to the fifth floor and into our suite. Scorp and I waved our wands to hang our clothes in the closets and did the same for Ava. Oh the perks of magic outside of Hogwarts!

BRITTANY POV

After putting our stuff away, I made my way back down to the lounge to meet the Grangers properly. Mother, grandmother and my aunts wanted to fix their make-up to look even 'better than before because you never know which rich bachelor might fall head over heels in love with them'. Their words, not mine. Half of the family was already there, only the wannabe supermodels were missing now. As if on cue, they came strutting in, trying to impress but failing quite miserably. And are they seriously wearing even more make-up than they already did? As if 20 layers of mascara weren't enough, they added a couple more on there.

"So let's try this getting to know each other again, shall we?" grandmother Courtney screeched after sitting down. "Why don't we start with a round of introductions and we tell each other whatever we think is interesting enough? Well you all know me already, so Amber, darling, why don't you start?" "Alright, I'm Amber, I'm currently in between jobs since my previous one wasn't challenging enough for me, this is my daughter Brittany, she's 17 and going into her last year at school. Her dad unfortunately died 12 years ago, and it's just been us ever since." Wow, the story of my dad changes every single time she tells someone about him. How on earth does she keep up with the different things she says? "You can call me Britt by the way" I told the rest of the family. "You know I don't like that name for you Brittany" my mother interfered. "Oh I know" I said smirking which made some of the family snicker.

"Okay, well I'm Drake, this is my lovely wife Charlotte, and our beautiful 8-year-old daughter Piper. I'm the youngest between me and my siblings, Amber and Cynthia". "So I'm Cynthia, I have an important function at a highly praised fashion brand, maybe you've heard of it: LGH Clothing, and I am pretty sure I am the soon to be Mrs. Malfoy, we've been dating for quite some time you see." She said proudly, looking for approval of my grandmother. It's as if they had rehearsed that line. I couldn't help but snicker at what she said, knowing she just told utter crap. Drake and Charlotte had also laughed and even Roger, Clarissa, Robert, Jean and their grandchildren stifled a laugh, not trying to look at each other. They definitely know something the rest of us didn't about this. I wonder what it is.

Dean, grandmother Melissa's husband spoke up "I am Dean Johnson, my wife Melissa, and these are our two daughters, Ashley, 34 and Taylor, 24. I retired last year and Melissa is a teacher at an elementary school in Birmingham." After Dean, grandfather John continued "Well then, I am John Granger and this is my wife, Annabeth. I work in insurance, Annabeth is a teacher as well and this our only daughter, Paige". Paige then spoke up "Hello, so I'm Paige, these are my husband David Smith and our sons, Jake and William. Jake is 16 and still in school, William is 19 and is currently studying at the University of Manchester for his bachelor's degree." She finished.

"Well then I guess it's our turn, huh?" the youngest of Hermione's children, Ava, said. "I am Ava, 12 years old and I'm going into my second year at boarding school. Cassie and Scorp are both 18 and just finished school. After the summer Cassie will join mum in her company and Scorp will join dads'. Mum is in fashion and dad is a hotel owner by the way. Oh and Cassie has a boyfriend of two years, they are so cute together!" the little girl finished sweetly. I like their family already, they seem so down to earth and real. Which is a rarity where I'm from. Taylor quickly spoke up when Ava told us about Cassie's boyfriend "So, you don't have a girlfriend then, Scorpius?" she asked greedily. Well she's whipped, she's practically drooling at the sight of him. I can't really blame her, he is incredibly handsome but she could've at least tried to be subtle about it! "No, Scorp doesn't do relationships, he only does fun" Cassie answered for him, laughing. Scorpius just shrugged at that, a playful smirk on his lips.

"Is it alright if I leave you all for a bit? I promised mum I'd come and help her so she could join the reunion sooner. Is that alright great-grandmother, great-grandfather? And is it okay with you if I call you Roger and Clarissa instead of constantly having to say great-grandfather and great-grandmother?" Cassie asked. "Of course you can call us that dear, Britt, Jake and William do so too. And you go help your mother, we can't wait for her to join us later on." Clarissa smiled at her. Yep, she was already loving the three children as well. "Alright, thank you! I'll see you guys later" she smiled at us. She ruffled Scorpius' hair before whispering 'Good luck' in his ear. With that she left.

We stayed in the lounge and all ordered some drinks. Gradually, we all started talking with each other and all of us great-grandchildren were now sitting together, a little further from the rest of the family. They were all so nice and we got off immediately. Before this, I only had Piper as my niece, don't get me wrong I love the girl, but it's nice to have some of my own age as well. Scorpius took his phone out of his pocket, and checked it. "Oi grandma, Cassie just texted that she and mum are practically done, so they should be here soon" he told Jean, who was two tables away from us. "Oh perfect!" she answered.