Reunion Day 3 - Date night

HERMIONE POV

It's now five o'clock and I don't think I've ever been happier than to call it a day. I had meeting after meeting about the practicalities of the new collection. Normally Ginny, Pansy and Asty would attend these, but since I'm the only one here, guess who the lucky one was. At around three, in between two meetings, Lucius paid me a quick visit to give me a portkey and to tell me to be ready at six because they would be taking me to dinner. So, me being done with the day and wanting enough time to get ready for dinner, just left the conference room I claimed for the time being and I'm making my way upstairs. I was already thinking of what to wear tonight, but I guess that's not necessary since an entire, absolutely gorgeous, outfit had been laid out for me, accompanied by a note.

'Mom, please wear this for dinner tonight? I designed it myself and it's just made for you, love Cass.'

I quickly texted Cassie to tell her how beautiful the dress is and thanking her for making it for me. I put my phone down and stared in awe at the beauty of the dress for another five minutes before deciding I should get a move on if I want to be fully ready when the portkey activates. I took a relaxing shower with all the works, quickly towelled myself off the muggle way and twisted my hair in another towel so I could get dressed first. The dress is a floor-length dark red, tightly fitting one with an open back, a deep V-neck and spaghetti straps. Not only does the dress look gorgeous, it's also a perfect fit and to flatter myself, I look beautiful in it. Next was my hair, which I dried with my wand and let them fall off my shoulders in loose curls. I kept my make- up simple like always. Just some mascara, eye shadow and lipstick will do the trick. It's just dinner after all. I put on the golden strapped heels that accompanied the dress, and put on the diamond and gold earrings and bracelet Draco got me. The portkey is about to activate so I sprayed myself with my favourite perfume and quickly put my wand, phone, wallet and keys in my purse. I headed to the living room and heard the buzzing of the portkey. I took it and immediately felt that familiar, yet unnerving, feeling pulling me away from our hotel suite.

The next thing I know, I'm standing on a rooftop, feeling the warmth of a setting sun on my face. One thing is for sure, I'm not in England anymore. Wait a minute, I'd recognise that dome anywhere! But, if that's true, then... I felt someone standing right behind me before I heard them whisper in my ear "You look absolutely beautiful Mrs Malfoy" I turned around to see a handsome blonde man standing in front of me. "Draco!" Overjoyed I crashed my lips onto his. "Merlin I missed you!" "So, good surprise I take it?" "They always are when you're involved, Draco" I told him truthfully. "Good answer love" he winked at me. "Malfoy, why am I in Rome?" I couldn't contain my curiousness as I was staring at the St Peters Basilica. "For our date of course. Now Mrs Malfoy, are you ready to go? We've got some places to be tonight. Soon you can stare at that dome as much as you like, we're on the roof of our hotel" he winked. I really have a soft spot for the old Italian architecture.

Draco grabbed my arm, and as quickly as I arrived at the rooftop, I got whisked away from it again. "Really Draco, you really can't warn me when we're about to apparate?" "You wouldn't want to be late to our reservation now, do you?" he challenged me. "You're lucky I love you, ferret".

We turned around the corner, and into a restaurant where, apparently, they already recognised us. The maître d' practically ran towards us, and escorted us to the rooftop terrace. The restaurant was a very exclusive one, but I don't doubt anyone will recognise Draco and start gossiping once again. I guess we just got lucky we managed to stay off the radar for so long in the muggle world. The maître guided us to a secluded table, with the best view of all the terrace. Now, not only the Basilica was visible, but practically all of St Peters Square, and the horizon of the city. It's such a gorgeous city. A waiter brought us two glasses of champagne and the menu, and was off again. "So, love, how is the reunion?" Draco asked. "Oh you'd better prepare yourself for tomorrow, the Fake Five are even worse than I thought" I took a big swig of my drink, and continued.

DRACO POV

For the love of Salazar, how in the world can people be like that? Hermione just finished telling me all about the reunion and the so called Fake Five. I've got to say, the name's got a nice ring to it, but apparently it's also the only nice thing about them. Scorp will be so proud he won the bet, I laughed to myself. "And they still haven't figured out you're no longer Granger but Malfoy? Oh they're in for one hell of a surprise tomorrow" I smirked at Hermione. "Yeah, apart from the children no one knows. And since they all love a good prank, Scorp and Ava made them join this little plan. I swear to Merlin you all are too Slytherin for your own good" she chuckled. "Oh well, Salazar himself would be proud of us and it's not like those Fake Five don't deserve it, love. We just want to have a little fun" I winked at her. But for now milady, are you up for a walk through the city?". Her eyes lit up like those of a little kid in a candy store. I chuckled at how cute she looked just now, I stood up and stretched out my arm for her to take it. Off we went into the Eternal City by night.

We strolled through the small streets and alleys towards our hotel, close to the Colosseum. Not long after we left the restaurant I noticed Hermione shivering, so I took off my jacket and draped it over her shoulders. Of course I counted on this to happen, being a gentleman to the woman you love is all about the little things I believe. Knowing when she needs a coffee, tea or something stronger, listening to her complaining about that secretary she should've fired weeks ago, but just doesn't have the heart to, and like right now, giving her your jacket because she's cold. I just love making her feel loved. To show her how grateful I am that she was willing to see past the jerk I was known to be during our first six years at Hogwarts and to giving me a second chance at life and happiness.

"How about a nightcap before I take off that gorgeous dress of yours?" I whispered in her ear, my lips dangerously close to her soft spot in her neck. "How about we skip the drinks and go straight to our room?" she sensually whispered back and walked towards the entrance of our hotel. "Definitely, screw the drinks" I muttered as I quickly followed her inside.