Chapter 6 - A blast

Semi-edited

Shoot what did I do?

I'm such an idiot, I admitted my stupid crush on Lola, the girl I just met. The look on her face right now is everything I wanted to avoid. She looks confused and scared, her adorable eyebrows are pushed together, and her lips are in a frown.

I can tell she's deep in thought due to her eyes looking distant.

The number of times people have told me when they first met me they thought I was some woman player. And every single time I thought to myself why?

I don't get with a new girl every single day like most guys my age, maybe it's the way I look?

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I am a good looking guy. I get my amazing genes from my mother, but I also take care of myself, like going to the gym every other day, eating healthy, and getting a good amount of sleep every night.

Beyond that I'm not the guy everyone thinks I am, I respect women. I don't use them for my needs and then throw them away like trash. Women are incredible they bring new life into the world. Above all, they get their period every single month. I know us guys wouldn't handle bleeding out of our man part every month well. How can us men even say we're better than women? I can't comprehend why most men think they deserve more rights than women. It's frustrating and ridiculous.

Above all, I haven't even had a girlfriend before, and it's not because I don't "do" girlfriends, It's because I'm looking for the right girl.

However, I think I'm looking at her right now.

Scolding myself in my head, I tell myself it's way too soon to be thinking this way about Lola. However I can't help it, the heart wants what it wants.

I'm freaking out inside and there are so many thoughts consuming my brain. Falling for your coworker is not a good idea, both of us could get heartbroken, and that could affect our acting skills if we don't work out. Imagine not getting along with the person you have to act in love with.

Yup, not going to work, but some annoying thought is nagging me and saying that we will work out if we try.

I curse myself, such a stupid idiot catching feelings so quickly.

There's something about Lola that I've ever seen before in a girl. She's very beautiful, quiet, respectful, caring, and hard-working.

However, I know she has gone through something in the past that still haunts her. I'm not sure what, but I'm determined to find out.

I know I need to keep my feelings to myself, but I just can't. I can't help but reach out and run my hand across her cheeks, step closer to her where I can smell her vanilla perfume. However, it's like my body reacts without my permission when I'm around her.

I desperately need to control myself, and I also need to help Lola forget her past.

"Me and my friends are hanging out tonight, do you want to join us?"