Chapter 30 - She's My Butterfly

Semi-edited

I could kill him

I could kill him.

He left her on the frickin side of the road.

I swear when I get my hands on him, he's going to wish he didn't live till tomorrow.

Hanging up the phone quickly, I grab my car keys and rush to my front door, in a hurry to get to Lola.

"Where do you think you're going, young man?" My mom asks where she lounges on the couch, watching the local news.

"I have to pick someone up real quick, I'll be right back." I sate pointing towards the door with my thumb.

"Get a jacket, don't text and drive, put on your seatbelt," she stresses.

"Yes, mum will do," I say before slamming the door behind me and bolting towards the elevator.

Getting impatient due to waiting four minutes, I run towards the staircase and run down all 35 flights.

Finally spotting my grey Tesla in my parking space, I whip the door open and speed out the parky garage.

Glancing down at the text message Lola sent me a few minutes I realize that she's four minutes from where I am now.

"Hey siri text Lola," I say out loud to my phone.

Don't text and drive kids, it's dangerous.

"What would you like to say?" Sir asks out loud to me.

"I'm two minutes away," I read out and press send once I do.

Pulling onto the side of the road in front of Starbucks, I wait for Lola's arrival.

Spotting her finally rush out of the coffee shop with a glumly look on her face, she spots me she lets out a deep breath of air and proceeds to stride to the car with her head down.

She's quickly stopped when a group of five girls run-up to her and start jumping up and down. From where I sit in my car I can tell they're asking for pictures.

Lola puts a smile on her face and greets her fans like family.

Another thing that I admire about her, she's so genuine with her fans.

She treats them like there her distant family members.

I strive to be like that someday.

After hugging each of the girls individually, she motions for them to huddle around her so she can take a group photo with them. 

Bitting them goodbye after talking to them for a few minutes, a group of two guys walk up behind her. The tallest one of the two taps her on the shoulder and Lola jumps in fright.

She holds her facing hand to her chest and nervously laughs.

I can tell from the way she's standing and the way her eyes keep glancing around at her surroundings that she's highly uncomfortable.

I get ready to jump out of my car when the other guy comes up behind her, but she quickly covers it by taking out her pepper spray from her bag and showing it to the two dicks.

They quickly back away with their arms up like there surrendering, and run the opposite way down the street where they came from.

I reach over and fumble with the door handle, finally being able to press and push the bottom the door swings open and Lola rushes in.

Her breath is short and her skin is flushed.

"Drive," is all she says as tears rush to her brown eyes.

***

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask gently after minutes of us sitting in silence, in my car in the dark parking garage of my building.

"No," she says quality while trying to control her breathing.

"What can I do, I can't just watch you like this." I plead grabbing her hand and giving it a light squeeze.

"Just stay like this with me, don't go." She rushes out while squeezing her eyes shut tightly.

"Always," I say gently as I look at the crying beautiful girl beside me.

It always seems to amaze me how beautiful she looks, even while big fat tears are rushing down her face.

She presents herself to the world as a carefree girl that has no problems and no limits.

She's like a butterfly.

Whenever I'm around her that's how she makes me feel, free, normal, loved, and important.

Yes, she's like a butterfly.

But she's my butterfly.  

Glancing back at her, I whisper, "Always."

Sorry for the short chapter, I didn't have a good day today

Just letting you know this story is just getting started, so buckle your seatbelts, grab you're popcorn, and get ready for the bumpy ride.

Tell me what you think of it!!

Let me know if there are any mistakes.

I would appreciate if you would tell your followers to read my book and to tell their followers to read my book as well.

Remember don't be a silent reader!!

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE WITH YOU'RE FRIENDS, AND FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM!!!

Peace out, till tomorrow...

Xoxo, Lexi