Niall Faking - gets caught

This one is a request from HarryGoldenAngel. Events take a turn for the worse.

----------

Niall’s POV

‘I want a break. We’ve worked for months with no time to ourselves.’ I mumbled to myself at 7 in the morning on a Monday morning. Half an hour before Liam would be on my arse to get out of bed. ‘I should fake sick, we’ll all get a break’ I thought. A stomach ache, no, they would just tell me to suck it up. Headache, maybe a migraine with a fake fever. I can add a stomach ache to the mix then. Being the fever in later and a bit of fake puke and they can’t make me do anything. Well that’s if they don’t catch me.

My dreamy thoughts were interrupted by Liam. “GET UP NIALL, we have an interview on video call at 10” He screamed. “Ugh, stop, my you are making my head hurt” I said with my face in the pillow. “Anything else hurts” He asked with sympathy in his voice. “Stomach does too, kinda, not as bad as my head” I said seeing the perfect opportunity for my act to get into action. As soon as he left my room I got a wet cloth and made myself look sweaty. You know, Make myself look sick now that Liam believes my act. Don’t want to blow it. It ends up making me slightly red too, which I didn’t mind. I mixed some of my chips which I had in my room with water I found on my bathroom counter and kept it under the sink. It looked absolutely disgusting. No one in their right mind would put that in their mouth, but trying to fool their best friends is definitely not something a smart person does so no complaining accepted.

I went out to the others and Harry handed me piece of toast. “Liam told us you aren’t feeling good” He said. “Feel like shit” I lied. I was starving and wanted to swallow that piece of bread whole but if I wanted to keep this act up, I had to eat it slowly and not finish it. “Ni, I called management and they said that you have to do the interview since you are not throwing up or have a fever.” Liam said, just as I took the first tiny nibble of my toast. ‘I have to get that disgusting concoction out soon’ I thought. The interview wasn’t what I wanted to skip, I wanted to skip the long ass photoshoot that evening. I finished half the toast and pushed the plate away from me and went to my room. “He really doesn’t feel well” I heard Louis say. “I mean Niall not eating. When the fuck has that happened?” he continued. “Today” was Harry’s faint answer I heard. I regretted mixing my chips with water the very second I entered my room. I decided to sleep, I was tired plus no one would disturb me ‘cause I was ‘sick’.

“Ni, Niall, wake up, interview in 30 minutes” Louis said, waking me up. I groaned dramatically and rolled on my stomach. It hurt, maybe because all I had had for breakfast was half a toast, when I usually have the whole fridge but the boys couldn’t get to know that I was faking. I was desperate for food so I decided to drink my chips and water mixture. I got out of bed and headed for the bathroom. I got the cup out and drank one sip before practically gagging. I finished the whole glass and threw the cup away. I could feel it not settling in my stomach. I wouldn’t expect it to. “How are you feelin’” Liam asked me. “Stomach is queasy and my head still hurts” I said partially lying. “Are you going to puke?” Louis said, alarmed. I shrugged my shoulder, I really didn’t know. “Have you seen my glass of water, I kept it in me and Niall’s bathroom this morning but it’s disappeared.” Harry said out of no where. “Just get another one Haz” Louis said. “Can’t, Its from my fish tank, for the monthly test that is due” he said. Then it struck me. Was that the water I used for my fake puke that my hungry self drank. The thought that I drank fish tank water was making my stomach turn. I made a dash for the bathroom and practically made myself puke it out. I felt great after that and joined the others for the skype call.

We finished the interview in peace and Liam gave me some pills for my headache and what they thought was and upset stomach. No way am I going to take them. I really didn’t want to get sick for reals so I threw them in the bin when no one was looking. The photoshoot was approaching and the management wouldn’t let me sit it out since throwing up water and chips isn’t sick for them. I knew I had to get myself to have a fever.

I blew the hairdryer on my forehead to make it feel warm and stuck a thermometer under hot water. “Niall, what’s taking you so long, you alright?” I heard Harry say. I quickly shut the tap and stuck the thermometer under my Tongue. “I’m coming in” he said when he didn’t get a response from me. “You can tell me you were taking your temperature, Niall, you idiot” he said and took the thermometer from my mouth. He saw it and I could swear I saw him smirk. “You’re burning up Niall, off to bed now” he said taking the tiny device with him. The boys came into my room and were shocked at Harry’s firmness towards me. “What does it say?” they asked in unison. He whispered something in their ears and they all looked shocked at first then smirked. They left me to sleep.

After some time they called me “Niall, you have to eat before we leave” I got up and left my room. “Do I have to?” I said. “Food yes, photoshoot no” Liam said. “Kay, just gimme the food, lets get done with this.” I said, trying to sound annoyed. They placed a glass. The liquid inside was green with a tint of yellow. “What’s in here” I asked absolutely disgusted. “Spinach, bananas, milk, peas, oranges and blueberries” Harry stated. “Its healthy Niall” “You’ll make me sick” I said to myself but a bit too loud. “We’ll make you sick? Meaning you weren’t sick already” Louis said raising an eyebrow. “I lied Okay. I’m not sick and I’m not going to drink this shit” I screamed.

To my surprise they weren’t surprised at all instead they looked at each other and winked. “We know Niall” Harry said “We’ve known all day” “What??How” I said, they had confused the hell out of me. “Harry found a glass of chips and water under the sink in your room and then he realised that his test water was missing. So he decided to ask in front of you  to see your reaction and you reacted just as we had expected. Then I saw the pills that Liam gave you in the bin so that started to confirm Harry’s suspicions.” Louis said. “Then your temperature Niall, just gave it all away” “What do you mean? What did that thermometer read” I said. “118.3”Liam answered. They saw the guilt in my face and then Harry decided to speak up. “Now get ready for the photoshoot and don’t drink this, its disgusting.” They gave me exactly 3 minutes to get dressed and then we left for the photoshoot. We got a good a scolding from Simon, because we were late and they gave me death stares.

Life was normal for a week till Harry fell ill and we all didn’t believe him.

-------

Thanks for 1K reads. You really don't know how much it means to me. Also I love to read your comments so please do leave them.

TPWK