Liam Sick - Kidfic

So this is a Liam Kidfic. Liam and Lexi are 14 years old and twins but are very different people with very different personalities. This is about the time Liam was ill and he saw the soft and gentle side of his twin.

------------

3rd person POV

Liam loved school and all things related to books, in short, he was a bookworm. He was known as the 'freak' and was bullied a lot so he took up boxing. Although Liam loved studies his true passion lay in singing and wanted to become a well known singer who sold out arenas and be the best artist he could be. On the other hand, Lexi despised school and only went because she was in the 'Popular girls' group and everybody loved her, only problem in her life was her brother because of whom, her friends teased her. She once put toothpaste mixed with hot sauce and mayonnaise in an oreo and fed it to Liam, to prove how much she disliked her brother. Although the whole school knew she was Liam's twin, she would pretend to not know him and Liam didn't care. He had problems of his own to deal with.

He woke up on a Sunday morning, feeling awful, he couldn't tell what was wrong till he turned on his phone. He sat up and groaned, rubbing his eyes, trying to block out the light. His head hurt and all he wanted was to sleep again. He was on the verge of sleeping again, when his mother, Karen came into the room asking him to get up. "Liam, out of bed now love, it's past 10" she said, being ever so sweet. Liam didn't budge, he wanted to stay there and keep his head in his pillow for the rest of his life. "Liam, UP NOW" she said sternly, Liam remaining as still as a brick wall. His mother pulled the blanket off of him, it worked just like it had all his life. "Mum!! It's cold" he said, curling into a little ball in hope to get some warmth. "It's really hot in here, how are you cold, feeling alright love?" Liam shook his head and sniffled, feeling his nose dripping.

Karen placed her hand, checking for a fever. "Baby, you're burning up, I'm getting you some medicine" she said and left. Liam groaned and waited for his mom to return. She came back and he took his temperature before giving him the medicine. Liam had slept for approximately 3 hours when his mom asked him if he wanted to eat anything. He was starting to develop a slight stomach ache too and he had just realised that he had a project to turn in the next day. The thought of it made him queasy. There was no way he was going to not submit the project and he didn't know how he was going to do it considering how terrible he was feeling. "Feeling any better" His mom asked him. "Yeah, I'm going to do a little school work" Liam lied, know his mother won't let him out of bed even if he felt slightly unwell. She got him some food and Liam accepted it thanking her but secretly cursing himself for not telling her the truth.

Liam started on the project and was about half way through it when his stomach turned and lurched, threatening to bring up its contents. He had a runny nose and he knew his fever was way higher than before. He picked up his small trash can and promptly threw up into it. His sister came in a few minutes later to the smell of freshly sprayed air-freshener and her son sitting at his desk writing something. He looked red, red like tomatoes. "You feeling alright bud" she asked. "I think the medicine is wearing off" Liam answered, and Lexi felt her brother's forehead, confused as to why 'the medicine' was wearing off. "Oh my, you've got a crazy high temperature" "I know" "Mom won't be happy if she gets to know that you've been doing school work instead of resting" "She sure won't. Since when have you stated caring about me?" Liam said emphasising on the words 'you' and 'me'. Lexi didn't know how to answer so she didn't say a thing. To Liam's surprise his sister stayed in his room with him. "where is mom?" Liam asked breaking the silence between the 2 siblings. "She had to go for some meeting, they company wouldn't let her out of it." Lexi replied.

Liam felt queasy and nauseous again so he picked up the bin and placed it on his lap. "Mate, you alright, you look a little green?" Lexi asked. The only response she got was a painful sounding retch. "Oh god. You're really sick, aren't ya" Liam nodded and gagged. To Liam's surprise, instead of running off and ignoring him like Lexi had done all her life, she went over and comforted him. "I'll take that, and you go rest" she said putting her hand on the bin as Liam started to get up. Liam handed it and turned back around to do his project. 

"I told you to rest" she said as she got back.

"but I have to submit this tomorrow" 

"Do it later, no way mom's letting you go to school tomorrow anyway"

Liam shrugged knowing she was right. He needed rest and there was no way Karen was going to let him leave the house for the next couple of days if she found out that he threw up and his fever was definitely not planning on going anywhere but his dedication towards his work wasn't letting him take the rest he desperately needed. He waited for Lexi to leave so he could get back to work but she stayed till he was fast asleep.

Karen returned home and immediately went to check on Liam who was sleeping covered with blankets with a bag full of ice on his head. He looked as pale as a ghost and he was sweating profusely. Liam woke up late at night freezing to death. He pulled his knees to his chest and curled up into a ball.

In the morning, he felt even worse than he had the previous day. His stomach was like a bottomless pit and his fever was about to hit 104. The thought of taking the boy to the hospital crossed Karen's mind but her thoughts were cut off by Liam's load groan as he reached for the bucket next to him.

"It's alright, let it out" Lexi said from where she was standing, after returning from school, watching her mother comfort her obviously ill brother. She was trying to surprise Liam by finishing his homework but every time she got to the project she was told by Karen to leave his things the way they were.

Liam was feeling a bit more human the next day. He felt like he had just returned from the dead. He completed his project, neat and clean as if it hadn't been made by a poorly boy and been touched by a million germs. He was worried about the explaining he would have to do when he got back to school. Luckily, when he did, his teacher was understanding and didn't punish him like he wpuld have to any other student. He probably believed Liam's tale abpit him not being well since he still had a slight fever. He went to school despite his mother insisting on him not going. The 3 days of sympathy that he got from his sister didn't last any longer than that. She was back to her old ways of ignoring, teasing and bullying Liam.

------------

What do you think?? I wasn't very focused when I wrote this (cause I have a huge 2nd language test tomorrow) so it might not be half as interesting as the earlier ones. Also a massive thanks for 3K. You guys are amazayn.

And to everyone asking how my birthday was. It was incredible and I loved every second of it!!

TPWK!!!