Coincidence Or Fate?

"Nothing goes as planned. Everything will break. People say goodbye in their own special way. All that you rely on and all that you can fake will leave you in the morning but find you in the day."

Chapter Theme Song: 'In My Veins' by Andrew Belle.

••

Blaze

"Say hi, Blaze." My dad says as we stand in front of my mother's grave. Or rather, the woman's grave.

Is he serious?

I sigh. "Say hi to whom?"

He looks over at me as if I am talking absolute crap when he's the one who wants me to speak to a headstone.

"Your mother." He grits out.

I roll my eyes and stuff my hands in my pockets. If I knew he would force me to talk to a pile of dirt, I would have just stayed at Homewood.

"Blaze."

"I am not going to talk to a mound of stone like I'm schizophrenic. I mean, I have a mental condition, but I am not crazy, Blake Xander."

"You need to get rid of your attitude, Blaze. This is not the place for it. Say your greetings."

"I don't want to."

"Blaze."

"Hi," I grumble it unwillingly before swinging in the opposite direction defiantly. I hear a soft sigh from him, but he decides to leave me be. Once again, he knows it's no use.

"Please forgive him, Liz. He's still trying to find back himself."

I scoff in disbelief.

This man is crazy.

I pull my glare to him. "I'm sorry, but that woman doesn't need to forgive me for anything. I am the one who should be forgiving her. She is the one who needs to seek forgiveness."

"Blaze, please—"

I turn to the grave. "Hello? Ma'am, yeah, I need an apology for you using a wire to hit me and then leaving me at your friend's house so that they could molest me. I also need an apology for that time you hit me in the head with a glass plate until I bled. Oh yeah, and that time you gave me stale food because you were too absorbed in taking your drugs to cook, so I ended up twisting into a ball from a stomach ache, and all you did was step right over me. Yeah, I need a fucking apology!"

"Blaze, Jesus!"

I rake a hand through my hair and look away while my father intakes a deep breath, running a palm over his face in distress.

"Could you not do this at a graveyard? Are you serious?"

"Maybe you shouldn't have asked me to come!" I yell.

"Or maybe I should just stop trying with you!"

I smile in mockery, shrugging my shoulders. "Yeah, maybe you shouldn't. I wouldn't mind; trust me, I wouldn't! Not like you gave a damn when I was being beaten to death anyway!"

His face twitches at this, the remark presumably touching a spot within him. He recollects himself quickly and shakes his head, burying a hand in his hair. "You are hard work."

He knows this, yet he still tries. I hope he puts this much energy into arresting criminals daily.

I sit on a stone nearby to wait until he is done talking to the gravestone.

I have nothing to say to that woman, not when she was the one who ruined my life like this.

••