Chapter Thirty Three

V I O L E T

"If you need anything, just-"

"I know, I know! Call you."

"And, if I'm not available-"

"I'll just call Anne," I said to my worried mum, who makes me feel like she's leaving her eight-year-old daughter alone in the house.

I love her to death, but sometimes I really get annoyed when she treats me like a kid. I know she's worried and that she loves me, but I'm growing up. I could live on my own.

We were sitting in the kitchen, I was eating breakfast while she was getting ready to leave. She woke up early and already had breakfast.

"Or you could call Harry." I choked on the water I was drinking, and I kept coughing. Mum stood beside me and rubbed my back. "Are you okay, sweety?"

It's weird how you've always wanted to be with that person, and love hearing his name all the time. But when something happens and change your opinion, you just don't want to remember him. Or even hearing his name.

As much as that was so confusing, that's what happened between me and Harry. I am confused about everything and still don't understand why he acts that way.

Am I bad? Ugly? Weird? Not good enough? Or even different? Well, on that last thought, I have the answer. Yes, but like they always say 'different is good'.

I've never believed in that until I met him. Everything has changed since the first minute he walked into the class. The first look when my brown eyes met his green ones that he's famous of. Or the way he talks, which he hates, but I love it when he stutters. It's part of him.

Or his hair that he's also known for. His art, that no one has ever seen, but me. He showed me every sketch and portrait. And, what makes me special. . . He drew me. Which means he thinks of me like I think of him all the time?

His personality is also to die for, he's so kind and lovable. No wonder why all the girls like him so much, and the boys want to be like him or have his look.

"Violet?"

"Huh?" I zoned out of my mind, to reality. Mum frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm okay." I gave her a smile and I could she didn't buy it. She pushed my hair out of my face and sighed.

"Tell me, Violet. What's going on your mind? Did something happen that made you sad or something?" I shook my head.

"Just some things. . . Sometimes life is complicated, right?" I chuckled and she smiled.

"You've grown up." I smiled back at her. "Which means you don't need a babysitter anymore," She joked and winked. I burst out laughing and she joined me. That's the reason why I love my mum, she always finds a way to make me smile and laugh.

"I know right! Grown up Violet."

"Yeah, but it also means you're going to babysit," She said while I was walking her to the door. "If you want."

"Sure, I've done it before."

"Good." We stood in front of mum's car, and she pointed at our neighbour. Mum's friend Sally. "Sally has a lot of work to do these days, and she's always late. So she told me if I know any babysitter. I told her I'd ask you first."

"Sure mum, I'd do anything."

"And, that's my lovely daughter," She said hugging me. I kissed her cheek and we said our goodbyes.