37th Chapter

Selim arrived in Kutahya in about a week. Even though it was a long trip, he came very quickly. I was sure he had no idea what is going to happen next.

I was sitting in Gardens with Meryem Kalfa when I heard similiar voice calling my name. I turned around and I saw Selim standing there.

- What is this disrespect? You even won't stand up and bow to a Prince? - he said to me arrogantly, as he always was.

- I will never stand up and bow to Prince which cooperated in kidnapping of my children. - I said to him not caring about his presence.

- Father called me here to forgive me my actions. Soon, I will return back to Manisa, and I will again be heir to the throne. - Selim said proudly as he came closer to me.

- Well congradulations to you, you don't deserve that. You have luck that your father is good man and he decided to forgive you. - I lied to him because I knew what Suleyman told us all. He wanted Selim to think he forgave him, because Selim wouldn't come any other way here. It was only weird to me that Hurrem didn't tell anything to Selim, maybe she was too afraid of Suleyman this time.

- You picked the wrong side, Aslihan. If you came to my harem when I asked you, you declined. Now you will see your husband and sons dying when I got to the throne. - Selim laughed arrogantly to me.

- I hope that day will never happen, because I think there is no person that would like to see you on the throne. - I said to him not even looking at him anymore.

- Selim! My son! - I heard Hurrem coming to Selim and giving him a warm hug. She seemed so happy when she saw him.

- Valide! I missed you so much! The day my father will forgive me finally came! - he said as he kissed his mother's hand.

- Yes! - Hurrem acted happy in front of Selim, but I knew her heart was breaking apart in million of pieces, because she knew this will be the last time she saw her son.

I saw some aghas and kalfas coming with Selim. Canfeda Kalfa was also there. Same Canfeda which took my children and gave them to Nurbanu. Such an anger was in me, but I knew I must stay calm.

I saw Canfeda is coming with a young boy. I knew it was Şehzade Murat, Selim's son. I knew what would be his fate after behaving of his father. I was so sad because of that poor child, but that was the tradition and I could do nothing to change it.

Everyone went inside to greet the Sultan and I went together with them. Everyone acted normal in front of Selim because they didn't want him to know about what happened excatly.

Suleyman ordered us all to have lunch together in his chambers. Suleyman, Hurrem, Selim, Mihrimah, Bayezid, Selim's son Murat and me were in the room all sitting around one table.

- Aslihan, why is your son, my cousin, named same as me? - Prince Murad asked me sadly. I was also confused because I didn't know why Bayezid named them the same way.