(Mimin) Best friend

The moment I heard her say the words best friend pushes me back reality. The thought of us maybe didn't even go through her head. I've always admired and adored her but that is the only limit I can go.

We would always be together, almost everyday. Every schedule, even in the dorms she would always visit but not once did I stand a chance nor was ever noticed as one.

"Miyeon-ah, what are you doing this weekend?" She sat beside me. We were having a photoshoot.

"Nothing, of course, we don't have a schedule so I'll be at the dorm." I told her while I opened my phone.

"Good, then can you come with me somewhere?" She held my hand.

I flinched a little as her soft hands held mine. I shouldn't be so affected by this.

"Sure, what are you gonna do on the weekend anyway?" I tried my best to keep my composure even though I'm glitching due to her holding my hands right.

She smiled with that cheerful and cute expression on her.

Little did I know that what she's about to say is gonna shatter my heart.

"I'm gonna prepare to confess to the person I like." She even said it in such a happy tone not knowing she's hurting the one person she told it to.

Only Minnie can inflict this much pain in me.

I tried my best to crack a smile. "Really? That's good then."

She didn't even mind my sad tone. Looks like this best friend zone really does revolve with me.

The week went by like a flash. I hated the thought of going with Minnie but at the same time it's still a way of hanging out with her, so let's just break this shattered heart more.

We came to a jewelry shop first.

"Here, help me pick one." Minnie dragged me to the necklaces that were displayed.

All the necklaces looked beautiful.

"Okay, I'll try my best but don't blame me if that person doesn't like it, okay?"

"Yeah-yeah, just do your job already." She said as she began to move to another isle.

I looked at each of them. They looked gorgeous and expensive. She's willing to spend this much for that person that means Minnie is serious about this.

I found a necklace that just my style. It  was a heart necklace, a simple but elegant gold shaped one.

I didn't wanna ask Minnie to get that though, I wouldn't want her love to get that pretty necklace. I talked to the sales about the necklace and knew it price also got it reserved.

I looked for another one which is pretty too but as I was about to tell Minnie about it, I saw her whispering something to the sales I just talked to.

As she saw me looking at the two of them and smiled at me.

"What is it, did you find one?" She came closer to me.

"Here." I pointed to a pendant not so great but would still be good on anybody.

She nodded at my comment but as was about to explain why I picked it, the sales I talked to earlier came to us and gave Minnie a paper bag.

"Wait, you picked one already?" I faced her confused.

"Yup, it's a pretty one too." She looked at what's inside and smiled.

"Then what's my purpose of coming here if your the one who picked it anyway."