The Ring

You were yet once again sitting in the meeting room, alone. You made sure the door was locked and the windows were covered. You pulled out the ring from your pocket and put it on your finger. "How come...you fit on any finger? How come you only recognize me?" You asked as you looked at the ring. Once again the ring started shimmering and shining. A robotic voice started speaking in a clam and smooth tone, "Your parents designed this ring, only for you. It will recognize only you. This ring is built from special technologies that only your parents knew of. Each and all questions you may have, I can answer them. Count me as your friend, count me as your family. If this ring comes in contact with anyone else... it won't open up. Even after decades or centuries, even when the technologies have advanced."

Woah You thought to yourself. "So what happens if someone forcefully opens it up?" You asked once again.

"They can try, but it won't open. Only you are the guardian of this ring." The voice answered once more.

"You have a name?" You asked.

"No, you can name me, or not, your choice." The voice spoke back.

"Why is the ring so important? Where are my parents? Did they...die?" You asked caressing the ring.

"The ring is important because it can show you the future. Yes, there might be technology that can show you the future towards the future but this is different. You can change your future, you can see what happens if you choose a specific choice. For example, right outside Mrs. Rina is standing with a plate of food. She will knock on your door. You can tell her to leave the food by the door or open the door and receive your food. Or, you have many other choices, do as you will."

Just then you heard a knock, "Who is it?" You called out.

"It's me! Rina! I just bought some food."

Shook, you quickly looked back at the ring, It can't be...You thought.

"Hello y/n?"

"Ahh yes! Leave it by the door thanks!" You titled your head looking at the ring as a smile creeped up on your face. "You really are something.." you smirked as you looked at the ring. You got up and got the food and returned to your seat once again.

"As for continuing with your questions...There is so much you can do with this ring you have never thought of. This is no ordinary ring. Keep it close to you. You can also get a lot of information from this ring. Anyone's information. Like for example with Rina, how do you think I knew about this? And for your other questions... I'm not sure I can answer this at the moment. Yes I am built to help you, but this is the one topic I'm not very capable of answering. They can send me information about their whereabouts anytime, but they have forbidden me to tell you anything. I can't break their trust y/n, I'm sorry. But what I can tell you is that your parents, they are staying away so they can keep you safe. The enemies found out about them so they've been hiding for years...There is no proof that they are alive or dead. They want to keep their generation going no matter what. This ring is with you for a reason. Once again so much information is stored into this and there is more yet to come."

You let out a sigh as you leaned back into the chair.

"Can you pull up pictures or charts?"

"Sure." A hologram popped up as you sat back down, "Go through whatever you want to," the voice spoke in a gentle tone once again. You scrolled through pictures and documents but nothing about your parents. Nothing at all. It was all you.

"Hey...Did my parents name you?" You asked curiously.

"They did, but they deleted the data. They left it up to you from then on."The voice spoke back, "Also, in case...you can add your DNA sample."

"Woah Really!?" You asked surprised.

"Yes, you can enter your blood sample, urine sample, sweat sample, tear sample, saliva sample, or even your sample from when you are sexually acti-"

"Okay! Okay! I get it! I'll just enter a tear sample..." You quickly spoke as you cut off whatever else the voice was going to say. You touched the corner of your eye and stared at the ceiling you felt the tears filling up in your eyes. You closed your eyes shut as the tears dropped onto the ring. The ring quickly absorbed the tears and voice continued to speak again,"Thank you. Let me tell you some more information about me. I am waterproof. I don't need to be charged. If you drop me or end up losing me, I will find my way back to you one way or another. I can move by myself, but only if it's an emergency. I can give you advice as well. i can read yu books, give directions and set up your schedules. I can also shape shift into other jewelry. Like currently I am a ring, but I can also be used as a necklace or a earring. Basically anything can be done."

"Cool!" You said sounding really excited.

"Have a fun day!" The voice spoke yet again in a gentle voice. The ring showed a smiley face on the hologram one last time before turning off.

A smirk crept upon your face as you fell into your thoughts, Oh boy...This is going to be a really fun experience...By really fun...I mean- really, really fun...